• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi lizzi and phatgirl

dazali

:) :D
hi girls thanks for all your input i wish i was you already been through it but never mind it will be interesting you have all been so good and you have really built my confidence about it has definatly made my mind up that i will have it done i thank you all i cant believe you have only just had it done have any of you felt really tired as i have been told you can feel like not moving so not really looking forward to that anyway girls we will all be slimmer by summer o9 so we will have to put our bikinis on ha ha take care girls speak soon

;) xxx alison xxx :cool:

hehe ;)
hiya alison,
I will be honest, after surgery i felt totally cr*p and was thinking 'why the fudge have i done this' (!)... but you do not stay feeling that cr*p, each day you feel a little bit better. I do not have any regrets about doing this now, because i have to think about the bigger picture of WHY i am doing this!! I am doing this to get healthier, be happier, be able to go into shops and buy clothes etc.
Think possitive- it will be your turn soon, and then you can be a 'looser' too :p ;)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Don't worry about the tired bit. Everyone has a different experience. Some people on here have been up and around without much fatigue in the first week. Others take longer but it is all soooo worth it. I am already reducing some of my pre-op meds because I am 1)healtier already and 2)a good deal thinner already. It is like a miracle, like a perfect happy gift I was given so my weight can't rule or ruin my life!!;)

Phatgirl how much looking after do you need after the bypass op?My mum has said I can stay at hers, but not sure if i'll need to:confused:

Everyone is different but you would be best to plan at least a few days of looking after if you can. It will be nice to have someone to help you get comfy, bring you something to drink, help you take your meds and so on.

Some people on here have done just fine on their own so it is your choice. I was lucky enough to have the support of my lovely husband for 2 weeks and it made it ever so easy but was not actually *neccessary*:p:p:p.

You can always head home after a few days if you think you don't need looking after. I say a bit of pampering is always welcome when coming home from surgery. Don't worry tho, you will be able to do for yourself should you need to but it is better if you can relax.;)

Thanks for the info hun:D

Back