• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Proposal - For Shel and Phatgirl

Of cause you need more that printed information. But I was just pointing out on a thread asking for a book with this information on, that this is something you should be getting as part of the post op care.

I read this book and it was good but it is basically a recipe book and not a guide to managing your diet post-op which is what Wobbles was looking for I think. As far as the recipes, they are in American measure I am pretty sure so if you need help translating, let me know.

Nic:p

I read this book and it was good but it is basically a recipe book and not a guide to managing your diet post-op which is what Wobbles was looking for I think. As far as the recipes, they are in American measure I am pretty sure so if you need help translating, let me know.

Nic:p

Thanks Nic - might take you up on that! I assumed it would set out the guidline daily quantities, thus helping you to manage your diet. Obviously not!

Amending this as my book has arrived and it does cover guidline quantities of protein, carbs etc and what foods could be included in your diet.

Last edited:
I'd just like to say that not all people get much information post op. I for one, have never seen the dietician, despite asking for an appointment. I have also never seen the surgeon post op. I had one post op appointment at 9 weeks post op, which was a 2 second, 'How are you, lets see your scar, ok thanks bye'. Had blood taken and that was it. And i saw one of the surgeons young trainees.

I've never received dietary information or advice, i have no idea what the difference is between fat and calories, had no idea about eating high protein until i read it here.

So it's not always the case that we're all given the information but choosing not to listen to it.
I've very much been left to figure this all out by myself, and to have a book written by not professionals, but people who have been there and found what works through their own experiences, is what i was looking for.

Erin hun no-one was having a go at you for asking, you know both Nic and I will always be around to give you and help advice or support you want, you only have to ask.

Back