• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, new here

Happy Helen

Hi, I am waiting go see the surgeon at Salford Royal for the first time. The approval for surgery had been pushed through as I need a hysterectomy as quickly as possible so fast weight loss is needed to make that surgery possible. I have been part of the PCT weight management programme for a couple of years and had been turned down once which didn't bother me much. I wasn't certain I wanted the gastric surgery. Now with the threat of cancer hanging over me I want the op as fast as possible. I know the gastric surgery will change my life for ever in unpleasent ways as well as good but at least I may have a life to be changed. At the moment it's all very daunting.

Welcome.

How stressful for you xx

I hope it goes well xx

Hello Helen, and welcome. I hope your appointment comes through quickly and it all goes as smoothly as possible for you.

good luck hunni - it must be hard to be facing two major ops, but you can do it and the forum here seems like a great place for support and encouragement x

Hi hope you get your op soon and good results later on :)

So sorry to hear that you are battling with the big C Helen & I do hope that your date comes very quickly so that you can kick its sorry (_)_) ... I came to WLS knowing that if I didn't get my weight fixed my heart was going to give out & because of dodgy knees I was going to be wheelchair bound. Unfortunately for a lot of us it's our health that sparks the process off. If there is any doubt in your mind I ask you to read a few diaries on the site because their is so many inspirational people out there.. I'm two weeks away from my bypass and if I ever need motivated I read through a few... It never fails :)
Good luck xx

Best of luck with everything, hope you can get the operation soon. Yes, it's definitely life changing.

Thank you to everyone who has replied. I was worried some would have thought I cheated the system, weight loss surgery is so hard to get in my area of the NHS. Stupid i know. Even the lead dietician who told me I had been approved seemed to expect me to be excited. It felt quite strange to me. I've read loads about the gastric surgery over the years including the very helpful blogs etc on here and some times I have thought yes I want it and sometimes I have thought no way. I have some sense of the pain and life style changes I will have to accept and get on living with. I did manage to loss 8 stone many years ago on the lipotrim diet (it's all back on and more) and I found that an emotional storm but I am older and wiser now more able to ask for help and explain how I feel.
I am frustrated at the moment waiting for an appointment with the surgeon. The longer I wait the longer until the hysterectomy and the symptoms down below are driving me crazy. I am on antibiotics again for yet another urinary infection. Any way moan over, I am on holiday now taking my niece and nephew to Cardiff and the Dr Who Experience. I know I can't keep up with them but they wait for me, well I am the chauffeur. Cheers.

Back