• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Newbie

helekisapa

Hi I was given my date for surgery on the 15 th Nov. My date is the 9th Jan 2012.
I was told that I need to start the liver diet on the 9th Dec so I wont be having a great xmas this year, I will be using the food plan so can anyone help with suggestions for menus please especially for xmas day.. while my fam ily is tucking into the works for xmas dinner.
Thanks

you can still have two small boiled potatoes,(i bread serving) carrot and turnip or sprouts (1 veg serving)and 200grms turkey(2 meat servings) you could even work in a sausage in bacon if you are careful with rest of day as long as it's low fat sausage and back bacon that would count as 1 meat serving and i bought a small plate so it looks fuller than a small amount on dinner plate.(no roasties or stuffing)i am on the low cal pre op so don't know how a milk diet would fit it in x hope it helps :) good luck

hiya and welcome to the site, cant help with the diet im afraid, but wishing you lots of luck :) xxx

Thanks Angie

i bought a large pad and worked out my menus for the whole of the two week pre diet worked out servings and everything and varied the meats etc so didn't just stick to chicken because i think half the battle is being bored with what we eat , i had stir fry last night used spray fat 150grms chicken 2 tablespoons stir fry veg and 2 tbls noodles all the family had it as well... i try to make sure i don't have to cook seperately ..2 meat serving,1veg,1 bread, 1 fat xxx

I was told that I need to start the liver diet on the 9th Dec so I wont be having a great xmas this year.

Yes, you will -- imagine all that excitement about having your life changing surgery so early in the New Year -- you have that to look forward to !!

Hopefully that will make up for not being able to dine on the usual Xmas Over Indulgence Banquet that most people do !!!!

Welcome, hunni ... nearly there. Who needs Christmas dinner :) Nothing tastes as good as thin feels :):):) Good luck for the 9th of Jan ... new year - new you xxx :)

Hi I was given my date for surgery on the 15 th Nov. My date is the 9th Jan 2012.
I was told that I need to start the liver diet on the 9th Dec so I wont be having a great xmas this year, I will be using the food plan so can anyone help with suggestions for menus please especially for xmas day.. while my fam ily is tucking into the works for xmas dinner.
Thanks

:welcome: :newbie:

Best wishes for the future :D

Andy x

Thanks all for the encouragement

Back