• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

when to start diet

helekisapa

I have a slight problem... I am suppose to start my liver diet on the 9th Nov but as someone on benefits we don't have money at the beginning of that week. Do any of you think it would matter if I started the diet the tues of the following week which will be 5 days after 9th Nov. I would be able to get the foods needed to start he diet. My surgery is not till 9th Jan. I will also be phoning walsall hosp for advice in the morning

If you disregard the LighterLife/ Cambridge diet options, all the others should be cheaper in your shopping basket anyway (mainly because you won't be buying rubbish).

Which pre-op diet are you intending to do?

low carb

helekisapa said:
I have a slight problem... I am suppose to start my liver diet on the 9th Nov but as someone on benefits we don't have money at the beginning of that week. Do any of you think it would matter if I started the diet the tues of the following week which will be 5 days after 9th Nov. I would be able to get the foods needed to start he diet. My surgery is not till 9th Jan. I will also be phoning walsall hosp for advice in the morning

Do you mean Dec???

So you'll be exchanging your bread, pasta, rice, potatoes for healthier & protein options.

If you are struggling to find the cash for these, why not do the milk diet for the first week (dead cheap) then follow up with the low carb.

The longer you do your liver-shrinking diet (within the max limits) the better you are going to be prepared for surgery.

Good luck.

Well I am self employed and earning nothing. But low carb can be done really cheaply. I was surprised it cost me a lot less than some diets had done.

And like Cathi said, maybe do the milk diet :)

I can have bread and pasta and rice but on 1 bread for breakfast and lunch 2 tablespoons of either pasta or rice and 1 small new potato with lean meat or fish. The meat has to be 85g worth. I could in stead of bread have 2 crispbreads with 1oz low fat cheese and I can have 1 low fat low sugar yoghurt a day aswell.
My daily milk allowance is 1 pint semi skimmed.
Fluffs
My surgery is for 9th Jan but diet should start 3/4 weeks before

My hospital has a 2-6 week pre op diet. 5 options if diets to do.

But if people get in on a cancellation, they may only do one week pre op. As kong as you don't have excess weight to lose, then you should be ok to start when you get your money methinks. Worse thing you can do is stress over money at the moment. I think you will be fine :)

Good luck! Xxx

Back