• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

when to start diet

helekisapa

I have a slight problem... I am suppose to start my liver diet on the 9th Nov but as someone on benefits we don't have money at the beginning of that week. Do any of you think it would matter if I started the diet the tues of the following week which will be 5 days after 9th Nov. I would be able to get the foods needed to start he diet. My surgery is not till 9th Jan. I will also be phoning walsall hosp for advice in the morning

I have a slight problem... I am suppose to start my liver diet on the 9th Nov but as someone on benefits we don't have money at the beginning of that week. Do any of you think it would matter if I started the diet the tues of the following week which will be 5 days after 9th Nov. I would be able to get the foods needed to start he diet. My surgery is not till 9th Jan. I will also be phoning walsall hosp for advice in the morning

Which diet are you on? I am on the low carb one and only have been asked to do it for two weeks so they maybe fine with you doing it a couple of days late. Just check with them x
x

the Antheatist told me to do the food diet from 9th Nov till the 9th Jan as he said that it is now recommended to do the diet for 3-4 weeks before the op so I suppose 5 days after the original start date would be within the 3-4 weeks time frame

helekisapa said:
the Antheatist told me to do the food diet from 9th Nov till the 9th Jan as he said that it is now recommended to do the diet for 3-4 weeks before the op so I suppose 5 days after the original start date would be within the 3-4 weeks time frame

Is it 9th December? You keep saying November. But we will be in December tomorrow chick x

Im a walsall patient too and have got my date for the 9th of December,Ive only got time to do the pre op diet for 10 days but he said i will be fine.

Do you mean you have to do the diet from the 9th Of December instead of November?

Have you got the number's you could ring the Manor up on and check with them?

yes sorry every1 my diet is suppose to start on the 9th Dec. after seeing some of the other post oppers today I think I will phone to speak to a dietitan at walsall to see if I can do milk yoghurt diet instead of the food one and if I have to do the diet for 4 weeks.
Thanks for everyone's help

helekisapa said:
yes sorry every1 my diet is suppose to start on the 9th Dec. after seeing some of the other post oppers today I think I will phone to speak to a dietitan at walsall to see if I can do milk yoghurt diet instead of the food one and if I have to do the diet for 4 weeks.
Thanks for everyone's help

Good luck :) let us know how you get on x

Just to say, the anaesthetist last week told me that I should only do the pre-op diet for the prescribed 2 weeks pre surgery. As my surgery is now 2 weeks away, but I can't eat on the day of the op, I started the diet yesterday.

Good luck for speaking to the dietician today!

Tatiana

Tatiana said:
Just to say, the anaesthetist last week told me that I should only do the pre-op diet for the prescribed 2 weeks pre surgery. As my surgery is now 2 weeks away, but I can't eat on the day of the op, I started the diet yesterday.

Good luck for speaking to the dietician today!

Tatiana

My hospital bypass pack is pre op for max of 6 weeks, min of 2 weeks :)

have spoken to the dietitian and she told me only today that I can start now and use the foods I have already in....so I am at present having a bovril drink for my lunch plus a slice of bread.

Back