• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi to everyone

angelajoy1961

Bypass on 23rd June
Hi to you all, my name is Angela and I'm hoping to have a bypass at Luton & Dunstable next year. I've had my first appointments with the doctor and bariatric nurse and have the mdt meeting booked for February. I'm 49 and have a 9 year old son who is the reason I need to lose this weight and get healthy. Hubby is very supportive but it's nice to read about folks who are either on the same journey or who are waiting at the Losers Hotel at the end of the road !

Hi Angela and welcome to the site. We have alleast one member who's had her surgery at Luton. I had a gastric bypass in August this year. So far I've lost 4 stones post-op and almost 5 since July.
I look forward to getting to know you and following your journey.
Grace xxx

Hi
Welcome to this great site.Good luck with your weight loss journey. You have come to the right place for friendship and support.

All the best just ask away there is normally someone arround who can help

Jo
xx

Hi Angela and :welcome: to WLS, there are some wonderful inspiring stories here that will help you on your journey....good Luck and if you want to ask any questions just shout :D XX

Thanks for the welcomes - I can't weight (pun intended) to actually have some progress to report ! Quite pleased that I've been really poorly over Xmas so instead of gaining lbs I've actually lost 9lbs !!!

Welcome to the site Angela... L & D is a very popular hospital so you'll be in good hands.....

Look forward to hearing all about your progress! Now use the waiting time to do all your research and ask all the questions you need to know what you need to know!

Good luck x

Hi Angela..
There is a few of us on here from/going to the L&D....
I am there myself on the 21st feb for my triple appointment.
Looking forward to getting to know you x x x

Hi Lisa, my triple appointment is on the 10th Feb. Do you have any idea of the waiting times at L&D ? From info on UKGastricband forum I think I've guestimated that I should be having the op in August ??

Hi Lisa, my triple appointment is on the 10th Feb. Do you have any idea of the waiting times at L&D ? From info on UKGastricband forum I think I've guestimated that I should be having the op in August ??
Hi Angela..
Well this really is a difficult question to answer.
I have spoken to a lot of L&DErs on here..and the average time from G.P to op is 9 -12 months,if everything is straight forward.
A lot depends on of you have funding in place(from your PCT) or if the psychologist feels you will cope with the changes at your triple appointment.:cool:

I was told by the physician on my first appointment(in October) that my op will be between April and June. I am assuming it will be nearer June than April..:rolleyes:

I am sure a few more L&Ders will be along soon to back this up.
I hope you don't have to wait until august!!:eek:
If your triple is in Feb(like mine )you should be put on the milk diet to lose 5% body weight..then after a month you get to go back and if you have lost you get put on a lo cal diet then you will be given a rough time scale of how long until the op...
I Hope this helps... x

hi, I'm an L&Der had my op last Feb (sleeve), my daughter is having hers (bypass) day after tomorrow (29th DEC). we started this journey together on the same day, and both got our funding on the same day. unfortunately my daughter said the wrong thing to the wrong person and had to have counseling for an eating disorder (which it turned out she didn't have) and that put her back 10 months.
moral of the story is do your research well.

Ohh Sue thats scary !! It's difficult to know just what to say or more acurately, what they want to hear isn't it ? I had my first appointment with bariatric nurse and doctor on 21st Oct and the nurse told me it would be approx 6 months after my next appointment which would be August-ish. I will be very very happy if it's sooner - just not around 6th July as I am NOT missing Take That !!!!

Angela..
If you get 50 posts(you can get these quickly if you do the word association games) you get to send personal emails through here...or
If you are on face book please feel free to add me(click on the blue F under my name)...I haven't gone public about WLS yet. x x

hi..my name's Carol, im a 55yr old wife and mother and im having my bypass done in luton and dunstable on april 8th by Mr Whitelaw. Anything you want to know i'll be happy to help.Good luck on your journeyx

Ohh Sue thats scary !! It's difficult to know just what to say or more acurately, what they want to hear isn't it ? I had my first appointment with bariatric nurse and doctor on 21st Oct and the nurse told me it would be approx 6 months after my next appointment which would be August-ish. I will be very very happy if it's sooner - just not around 6th July as I am NOT missing Take That !!!!

all she said was that after an upset that she had, she could have sat and eat a multi pack of crisps, that put her in to the emotional eating disorder group.

Hi Carol Could you please give me an idea of the timescale that you've had from first appointment to when you got your date ? I really want a phone call tomorrow to say I can have it done Wednesday lol !!

Thanks Lisa - I'm struggling to find my way around the forums at the moment so all these links are great ! I am on facebook but don't really understand how it works (duh !!) so I'll try to send you a message on there lol.

Angela xx

Back