• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi what is the pre opp diet for gastrick bandidng

kee28

i was told by the seargon that my liver was not inlarged and was not told about the pre opp dite im jst waiting to hear from my pct im in enfield if they will fund it

Hi Kee, welcome to Minis. Once you have your op date through it is common for people having bariatric surgery to be asked to do a pre-op diet for either 1 or 2 weeks beforehand to shrink the liver down. This is nothing to do with if your liver is enlarged usually or not, it is simply to do with making the operation easier, as during the keyhole surgery the surgeon has better access to your tummy the smaller your liver is, hence the need to shrink it before surgery!! Hope this helps - I have not heard of anyone on this forum not being asked to do a pre-op diet of some kind. Good luck with your consultations x

Hi Kee,

There is a thread at the top of this part of the forum all about pre-op diets which lists some of the common ones and how people found them.

HTH

Shel :D

Back