• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need ue help please thanks im new hear lol

kee28

:) hi im new hear and i have just got my funding for my gbs who hoo my bmi is 42 and im only 28 yo im having it done at at thomas in london by a dr boffa i had a phone call from his secutery on thursday leting me know im on his waiting lias and will be sent a letter out when i will have my pre opp . so i asked him if i would have to do a pre opp diet and the secutery told me he had worked for the sergon for 6 years and has never heard of any of his patients having to have or go on a pre opp diet is this ture or should i just wait to till i have my pree opp assesment what do they do there any way sorry to ask so much but i was not informend when i see the sergon last he just said next time i see u will be in sergrey hehe also dou have to stay in over night .. x x x:):):)

has never heard of any of his patients having to have or go on a pre opp diet

is this ture or should i just wait to till i have my pree opp assesment

what do they do there

do u have to stay in over night

Hiya Kee, welcome to minimins. Congrats on your funding, you are on your way now! You asked about a pre-op diet, every single surgeon is different in what they require. Some doctors have very strict diets to follow others don't ask for anything like that. Just follow his advice & you'll be fine. Pre-op assessment usually consists of a blood sample, bp check, MRSA swab, sometimes an ECG (heart/lung test) and they ask questions about your overall general health/medications etc. so they can make the best prep for you and avoid any problems during and after surgery.

From my own experience and reading others thread's on here, a 1-3 day stay is normal. Most go home within 24-36 hours after the surgery (I did) but if you have other health issues that might need extra observation, they keep you an extra night. It is good to ask at your pre-op what your surgeon usually expects for stay, they should know.

Best of luck and looking forward to hearing about your journey.;)

ahhh thanks so much hun uhave been a big help . just when i went to see the sergon bk in aug he didnt say much just had a feel around told me my liver was not inlarged and i was fit for sergrey that was all hehehe but my dr highley recomends him plus mine is being done throught the nhs but not sure how long i will have to wait now tho but the pct have let me know 2 weeks a go the hospital has the funding now :) so i guess the wait is any ones guess hehehe xx

Back