• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi!

Ellisha

Finding it a bit tough to get round this site but trying my best. Ellisha mum to 7 gorgeous children. Have seen Dr amorri at Salford Royal for 1st appointment this week after seeing dr New. He says i fit criteria for bypass and wondering how long people have waited for gastric bypass - he says he will see me for surgery early next year - anybody give me a clue??????? Thanks:) x

Hi Ellisha,
Welcome to the site. You have come to the right place for help and support. I am not familiar with the procedures in Salford but there are quite a few members here who are. I'm sure they will be along soon and be able to help.

John

hello and welcome I am not at Salford myself but my overall wait from seeing the consultant to getting my op was 11 months as had to have some treatment for sleep aponea first but all PCT's are different, as Glenville said there are a few people on here that have been or are at Salford that will be able to help you with any questions you have.
Best wishes on your journey xxx

Hi Elisha and Welcome :welcome:

Sorry I can't help with your question as I'm under a different hospital, just wanted to say 'hi' back AND give you a 'virtual' medal for being a mum of 7 children!! :553: :talk017:

Thanks guys, just want to be able to play footie with my kids and enjoy them more. And find that slim person thats inside me just waiting to be let out! lol :eek:) x

Hi Elisha and welcome to minimins lots of friendly helpful people on here, im also not familiar with that hospital, but i waited aproximately 18 months but that was down to communication error on both parts. Having mine on 17th December. Good luck with your journey tho and wow 7 gorgeous children bet they keep you busy:)

Sharon

Wow Ellisha! You're a busy girl aren't you? Hiya and welcome! I wish you all the best with your bypass plans and weight loss x

Hello and welcome to wlsurgery! My gastric bypass was done at Salford Royal in October 2008, you are in good hands there, the staff are excellent. I am on the planning committee along with another member here, Salski, for the support group for Salford Royal weight loss surgery patients so I would definately encourage you to attend so you can meet others like yourself who are at various stages along the journey, our next meeting is at Salford Royal on 2nd Dec in the Mayo building from 7-9pm. Several of the members here have had their surgery at Salford or recieve aftercare there (Hopelesscase, Katstofat, Fuze, Risingsun, Brett30, Natalie, that is just to name a few, there are more) so hopefully they will pop on here and tell you about their experiences.

The wait time is unpredictable so I am unable to say as they consider each case individually and every PCT has different criteria so you will need to investigate your own PCT guidelines for the process. Do you know if you already have funding in place or does it still need to be applied for? Have any tests been ordered for you or appointments mentioned such as sleep apneoa & psychological assessment? All these things will have an effect on when your date for surgery will be. They work very hard at Salford to move the process along and they are getting more adept as they go, so don't worry. Once you have completed all tests and have funding the wait shouldn't be more than a few months but again each case is evaluated and prioritized so time frames can vary.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey and hope it is an easy one and you have a surgery date soon. If you are able to make the next support group meeting, please make sure to say hello, I am the mouthy American with red hair, you can't miss me and my loud American hubby!

Nic

I cant add anything more hat what Phatgirl has said - but welcome and hope to see you there on 2nd December x

Hi! Guys have posted again as its taken me days to find my original post again!!!!!!! Maybe i should get one of my kids to show me how to do it!!!!!!!!! You all seem so nice and I am glad there are people out there who understand where I am coming from........most people ask me what on earth do you want that done for?????? Have been overweight all my life and so desperately want to find 'me'. Being steralised when I had my last baby was the start of my journey and I am just so wanting for it to move on. I am not sure what my doctor has done, do they apply for funding when you are referred or wait till have been seen at the hospital??? Have had all 3 weight loss medicines which didn't do much and had gestational diabetes although am ok for now. Medication for miagraine and family history of heart attacks, stroke, obesity etc. I dont smoke and i dont drink just want to be able to run around with my kids without feeling embarassed and i dont want them to be bullied because I am so fat. My BMI is 45.2 and i look how well you are all doing..please let me do the same. I would love to come to meeting on the 2nd but may struggle with the 7pm - 9pm. Do you ever have meetings during the daytime? I can't drive and its quite far for me (i live in Hyde) and thats little ones bedtime and the worst possible time for me......i never really go out after dark (sad i know). I would love to come if it was during the day. I haven't seen the psycologist or had sleep test yet but Dr Ammori said he would notify them and I recieved a copy of the letter today.

Ellisha x

Hi Elisha!
moz-screenshot.jpg
:wavey:
I am not from your area, but just wanted to say 'hi' and welcome you to the site! Good luck with your weight loss journey ;)
:party0011: Xxx em xxX
:party0011:
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

Hi Ellisha, you GP is the one who applies for funding I think (if anyone else knows more about this please speak up) but when they apply either when you are referred or after you have been to the hospital depends on your PCT.

Check here for more info:
BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association

As for the support group, we currently have only an evening meeting once per month. I will mention your interest in a daytime meeting to the planning committee and let you know if it may be possible in the future. Sounds like things are on track and you should receive your other appointments in the near future, however remember that the holidays do slow down the process time so be patient, the waiting game is hard but so worth it!

Nic:)

Not sure how to thank people so thanks guys. Gonna see my doctor tomorrow afternoon and see what he is up to! Ellisha x

Forgot........would come to a daytime meeting without a doubt. The more support I can get with this the better x

OMG just found out i got funding today and booked in for the sleep test 17th DEC. WOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

Aww, hun that is brilliant so happy for you! You are one step further along the road now, will definately let you know about the possibility of a daytime meeting. Feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do for you, I know the process can be confusing so just shout if I can help.

Nic;)

Thankyou. I am sure i will be asking lots of questions over the next few months. I cant wait. Was reading your diary and see you were overweight as a child etc. Sound quite a lot like myself. Gotta go children to bath and bed - taken them swimming this afternoon and baby had me up at 5.15am soooooooo tired!!!!!! Talk soon, Ellisha x

Hi welcome and good luck with ur date.........

Just getting used to finding my own posts I find it easier if u go to top left corner on green bars to User CP I find it easier that way.

Good Luck Ann xx

Back