• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tameside and Glossop pct

Ellisha

Hi! Am new on here on not so sure about what I am doing! Have seen Dr Amorri last week and he has said i am a perfect candidate for gastric bypass. I was referred to see him by my doctor but i was wondering what happens now - does my doctor have to apply for funding from the pct now? It is Tameside and Glossop PCT and I do fit the NICE criteria but am wondering how long it can take. Taken me 2 years to get to this after trying 3 of the different medications and i am so desperate to get this done. Mr Amorri said he would see me at the beginning of next year but has anyone been here before? Making me stressed just waiting!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hiya hun - Im origionally from Tameside, but my PCT is Manchester. We do have a few people that come to the Salford Royal support group that are from the Tameside PCT area. Maybe you can pop along to the next meeting to ask and meet a few people.

Sally x

I was Tameside, my doctor in Ashton wrote to the PCT on the 7th April and i got a letter confirming funding a week later.

Wow! Thats quick. Gonna see my doctor tomorrow afternoon and see what he is up to, god fingers crossed am desperate!

Back