• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi

clairabell

Hi all
im new to all this
my surgery date is Tuesday and i have been on the Dukan diet then the 10 pre op milk diet lost 2 stone in wieght since May
not sure if anyone else has felt like this before surgery but my emotions are all over the place excited,nervous and tearful at times

i have struggled all my life as i am sure everyone has with weight going from 10st at age 25 topping 23.7st in April this year
i made the decsion to have surgery as my weight is now affecting my health
any tips or guidance will be very helpful

Hi! I'm pretty sure most if us feel the same, I know I did! Good luck on your journey, it's a roller coaster! But a good one x

:welcome:

Congratulations on getting your surgery date - where are you having your op? X

Hi, congratulations on your op date & beginning of a new improved & healthy life.
My suggestions is to plan/prepare prior to surgery. Get some soups made and freeze, homemade much healthier. Find out what meds your going to be on ad get GP to prescribe and you can collect beforehand - I was discharged with a weaks supply, just saves going to GP again. If your not on free prescripts consider pre paid, i did mine on line, much cheaper ( again find out what GP will prescribe - should prescribe everything). Mouth spray for op day as nil by mouth makes you so dry.
Best wishes xx

Hi luvva was going to ask the same as Newcy where you having your op, had mine at SRH, yes its normal to be all those things scared, excited, emotional. So pleased for you its a long rocky road to get to this point and really this is the start of the journey cos no matter how prepared we think we are until you come afterwards thats when the fun and games start, getting your head around what you have done and how you are going to cope with food and live your new life getting smaller by the week, thats the good bit. Good luck for Tuesday be prepared for wind pain, peppermint very good peppermint tea is really soothing after the op I still like it now 9 months post, really helps, keep mobile, that helps to, walk as much as you can every day thta is your new exercise regime bit further each day til you feel back to normal. xx post away with any questions xx

hi All
thanks for you replies
im so pleased i have found this site
im having my op at Sunderland
i'll sort meds out with GP romorrow and peppermint tea sounds a great idea and mouth spray
will up date after surgery xx

dear All
thanks for your kind words
i am due in at 3pm rung the ward and everythings ok
just had my son and husband say please dont die which has helped ease my anxieties ( not) now up a height lol
i know im doing the right thing however does eveyone have doubts
is it normal
claire x

Bless them - I haven't told my kids so they're going to wonder what on earth is wrong with me when I'm seeing them off to school in floods of tears.

My op is on Sat and so far I'm not even slightly nervous but that might change?!? I think most people are though - I might just be in shock lol x

Hi all
not sure if anyone else has felt like this before surgery but my emotions are all over the place excited,nervous and tearful at times

I've a around a month before my surgery date - so around 2 and a half weeks before I start my pre-op diet. So I'm sure things will kick in then for me about how "real" this is.

So yes, I'd say it "normal" to feel what you are feeling - and I'll get back to you in a 3 weeks to tell you I'm doing the same! :eek:

Back