• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi guys.

Ines4C

Hi everyone, my name is Ines. I am originally from Germany, but I am now living in the UK. I have recently started my weight loss surgery journey, and am now officially refer to the surgeons which means I am definitely having gastric bypass surgery. Here in England, the NHS, which is the national health service, funds most of the surgeries, if people meet the criteria for the surgery. Since April, I have been in a weight loss clinic, because the criteria here is to lose 10% of your body weight before they accept you for surgery. I have now almost met this target, which means I am now waiting for an appointment with the actual surgeon. What makes this journey a little more complicated for me, is that I am severely visually impaired. I am registered blind As I really have hardly any eyesight at all. I am very much looking forward to meeting you all, and hearing how far you are a long in this journey. It is always good to meet other people, who had it done. I am only 25, and I wish I could meet more people my age who are having weight loss surgery. I am looking forward to talking to you all. Ines

Hello Ines and welcome. You'll find lots of friendly and supportive people on here to talk to. Good luck with your journey :)

What makes this journey a little more complicated for me, is that I am severely visually impaired. I am registered blind As I really have hardly any eyesight at all.

Hi Ines,

Welcome to the forum. I take it you have a computer which talks to you and reads out text online in audible format?

Obviously your impairment might make it slightly more difficult to gather all the information you want, but there are lots of threads in this forum from other bypassers with information about their journey and possible things to watch out for.

Does your hospital also offer a support group where you could meet people who have been through the operation?

Good luck and best wishes with your journey.

Hi!! Welcome to this fantastic site. You will get loads of support and knowledge here. I'm also 25. Good luck on your journey x

Welcome Ines lovelly to meet you hope you manage to find lots of useful information within the forum. Good Luck with your journey. xxx

Welcome Ines- I'm 21 and had my band end of August. Getting on well and wish you all the best x

Back