• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone, Im New Here!!

kimt601ms

Hi I'm new here and go in for my surgery on OCT 25. I'm on day 2 of my diet and has the worst headaches ever. I'm not hungry but I hate the headaches. I was thinking of the milk diet to help with my protein intake but omg these headaches are the worst ever ?

welcome to the forum....................are you drinking enough water/fluids as milk is classed as a food and not a liquid

Hi ... well, you have come to the right place for support and help!!! Unfortunately I am nowhere near where you are ... have the funding for bypass and seen my consultant ... and having six monthly sessions of Lifestyle changes with dieticians. No idea when I shall have my op.

However, the only thing I can think of is that many, many times, whenever you go on a restrictive diet of some type or another you will often suffer headaches during the first two to three days, usually due to come off some addiction of some sort. Sugar/caffeine/drink/food ... you know the sort of thing!!! I would suggest that perhaps you increase your water intake if at all possible, because for starters the fluid should flush out any toxins in your system, plus sometimes when we start a diet, as we reduce our food intake, we often reduce the amount of fluid thats within the food we eat.

Please, please stick to it. You are sooooooo very close to getting the tool that could help you for the rest of your life control what you put in your mouth!!! Take each day at a time, and get that water down you!!!!! :)

Good luck ... believe in yourself cos you can do it!!!!

Love

Kim xxx

Well not enough water. I didn't think of that one. I tried to drink fluids with my meals but it sucks. I'm having a hard time adapting. Hopefully I won't chicken out. It's been 48 hours with no solids and so far so good. Just hate the headaches.

welcome to the forum....................are you drinking enough water/fluids as milk is classed as a food and not a liquid

Hi Joffy ... why is it I take hundreds of words to say exactly what you did in just a dozen??? :thinking2: Ok, ok ... hubby reckons its something to do with being female!!! :rolleyes::grumble:

:giggle:

Well not enough water. I didn't think of that one. I tried to drink fluids with my meals but it sucks. I'm having a hard time adapting. Hopefully I won't chicken out. It's been 48 hours with no solids and so far so good. Just hate the headaches.

Keep at it!!! I really think that the first three days are the worst!! However, have a bottle of water with you at all times and keep sipping!! You can do it! What's two/three weeks? It's taken us all an awful long time to get to where we are now ... two/three weeks will fly by. Day by day!!!

xxx

Thanks you guys. Ive been sipping on water and other fluids since my post and it is helping with da decrease of headaches. Ty so much ? I'll keep u posted. This is a eye opener for me. A friend of mine told me it shouldn't last no more then 3 days so I'm on day 2. Lol let's see how that goes.

Don't give up, another 2 weeks and you will be well on the way to a new you. your journey has already begun. If you're struggling come on here there is always someone to talk to and give advice and support. I've not been long but find a wonderful resource and incredibly addictive. Good luck! x

Hi Joffy ... why is it I take hundreds of words to say exactly what you did in just a dozen??? :thinking2: Ok, ok ... hubby reckons its something to do with being female!!! :rolleyes::grumble:

:giggle:

He's straight to the point, is our Joffy, lol. Think it is a man thing xxx:):)

Hi honey, I did the milk diet & + 2 litres of NAS squash too but still got headaches the first 3 days. It is just your body rebelling against you taking its carbs away. It does go though, so persevere with it. Good luck sweet xxx :):)

Good luck on your pre op diet and welcome to the site.

As Denise said its carb withdrawal that causes the headaches and after 4 days it should be a lot better.

Keep up the good work you've started, make sure you keep drinking fluids up to the final cut off pre op to prevent dehydration post op and you'll be fine:):)

same here, by day 4/5 you will be back to normal!'

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Welcome n goodluck ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I noticed that, too!!!:p Considering our name is supposed to mean "ruler/leader" ... I actually think my stomach is the ruler :17729: ... or alternatively, we live up to our name so much, and we lead/rule everyone else :superwoman: ... then eat to deal with the stress!!!

Come on, Kim, we have to stick together!!! :grouphugg: xxx

:welcome2:

Hope your op goes well

Take Care

Andy x

good luck it wil get easier x

Back