• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

janehastings

Hi all just wanted to come along and post a big hello to everyone on here, i am very new to all of this and not sure how it all works really. So here is a bit about me: I have been on many diets over the years and always struggled with them manage to lose around a stone but it always goes back on, tried the cambridge diet, atkins, ww, sw and many more strange and weird ones even tablets that promise miracles that never happen.
My health was starting to suffer to due to being overweight and my blood pressure is very high all not good things so i decided to have the Gastric band. Have had so many mixed emotions since i made the decsion its been a bit like a rollercoster, but looking forward to what comes next.

:welcome2:

Welcome to a mine field of advice, information and support. The people on here totally understand every emotion you're going to feel, and have probably experienced much the same rollercoaster ride you've been on. Just go with the flow and read/comment on a few posts, and you'll soon get the knack.
Good luck on your wl journey and if you have any questions, worries, or advice, then get yourself on here and someone is sure to make you feel a load better.

Welcome you will get lots of information and advice here from people who have lived it themselves. x :)

hello and welcome.....i am a new bandster and pretty new to this site too. feel free to ask any questions you may have. i am also in essex, which hospital are you thinking of?

Julie x

hello and welcome
read through the old post for any advice or feel free to ask a question someone will have the answer for you
good luck on your journey

Hi Im doing fine with the band. i had the opp on 24th June which was the friday, and by the tuesday i had cabin fever so on wed i got up, did hair etc and went out which was fine. i had by staples out last friday (7 days post op) and took all my dressings off yesterday and wounds are healing well.
i go back to the hospital tomorrow to meet with the dietician so i am hoping she will be pleased with me. this will also be my first weigh in since my pre op appt.
i see the surgeon on the 19th July and hopefully he will book be in for a fill soon after that. at the moment i am still on liquids but having no problems with getting them down.
feel free to message if you have any questions
Julie x

Back