• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

Nnif

Hi,

Apparently, I’ve been a member here since 2008 but this is my first post.

I lost 14st in 2008/2009 with lighterlife but after a period of ill health all the weight has gone back on.

I was referred to the Imperial Weight Clinic (St. Mary’s, Paddington) in December 2016. I’ve attended the meetings, been discussed at the MDT meeting and told that I’m on the waiting list. Next week marks 18 months in that state... waiting for a operation date letter to drop through the letterbox.

When it eventually happens, I will be having a mini gastric bypass.

*Update*
I sent the hospital a really long email at the beginning of May outlining the long wait and my dissatisfaction. To be fair, I got a phone call the next day from a nurse consultant who said that unfortunately at St. Mary’s that was about the time frame you can expect.

This evening I got a phone call offering me August 16th as the date for surgery.

So anyone waiting for surgery at St. Mary’s prepare yourself for a wait above 2 and a half years. Also, don’t listen to any of the BS they tell you about getting bumped up the list if you have specific medical needs (I need this surgery so that I can have another operation)... it all BS! They’ll fob you off with, “we’ll look into it” but nothing will happen

Last edited:
Good luck keep us updated x

Hi,

Apparently, I’ve been a member here since 2008 but this is my first post.

I lost 14st in 2008/2009 with lighterlife but after a period of ill health all the weight has gone back on.

I was referred to the Imperial Weight Clinic (St. Mary’s, Paddington) in December 2016. I’ve attended the meetings, been discussed at the MDT meeting and told that I’m on the waiting list. Next week marks 18 months in that state... waiting for a operation date letter to drop through the letterbox.

When it eventually happens, I will be having a mini gastric bypass.
Have you contacted them recently to ask what your status is now? Give then a little nudge! x

Have you contacted them recently to ask what your status is now? Give then a little nudge! x
I agree, I'd be checking you're still on their radar x

Yep. I’ve given them a nudge with no success. My GP and a Consultant for one of the health conditions also have written to them.

It’s like dealing with a brick wall. You get a standard response of, “There are many people on the waiting list. You’re on the list and will be contacted in due course.”

Yep. I’ve given them a nudge with no success. My GP and a Consultant for one of the health conditions also have written to them.

It’s like dealing with a brick wall. You get a standard response of, “There are many people on the waiting list. You’re on the list and will be contacted in due course.”
But 18 months without hearing anything is taking the pee in my opinion. Try contacting PALS and see if they can shed any light on it. x

Back