• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiccups

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Just a quick question, Does anyone suffer with hiccups after eating?, for the last few weeks, I have terrible hiccups after eating a couple of mouthfuls.

It doesn't matter what I eat or when I eat, it just happens.

I have tried to eat really slowly as I thought it was when I eat too fast, but that didn't seem to help either.

Any Ideas?

I hiccup up all the time, I did before my op n still do now, it don't matter if iv eaten had anything to drink or they just decide to turn up, they are really loud n high pitched so I look like a right tool...... It may just b sumit ur body does now hunnie xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It might be what is called your soft cue.

soft cue: Is that post gastric bypass little message your body tells you when you have had enough - for some it's a sneeze, a runny nose, hiccup, sigh, yawn. If you recognize yours quickly you can avoid overeating and potentially losing what you just ate by not taking "just one more bite."

I think mine is hiccups

soft cue: Is that post gastric bypass little message your body tells you when you have had enough - for some it's a sneeze, a runny nose, hiccup, sigh, yawn. If you recognize yours quickly you can avoid overeating and potentially losing what you just ate by not taking "just one more bite."

I think mine is hiccups

Oh I like that a lot, I will use that as my cue from now on x

I don't them often or for long but perhaps it's a cue I'll take more notice in future & see if there's a pattern.

Hiccups are my cue too! Found it strange as I had never suffered with that side effect of a hernia and now it's gone I have them daily!! But as I do not get a sickly feeling or fullness, they are my guide xx

My soft cue is a runny nose :D

Just a quick question, Does anyone suffer with hiccups after eating?, for the last few weeks, I have terrible hiccups after eating a couple of mouthfuls.

It doesn't matter what I eat or when I eat, it just happens.

I have tried to eat really slowly as I thought it was when I eat too fast, but that didn't seem to help either.

Any Ideas?

Me too, but I thought that it was an early thing following the op. Hope they go soon as they are so anoying. :(

I think mine is hiccups

Thanks Wendy, that's really interesting, but how do you know that you have had your cue before the hiccups start? :confused: xx

I think mine is hiccups
Mine's hiccups and i didn't have the bypass so must work with sleeve as well.xx

I think mine is hiccups

I agree, mine is sneezing/nose running!

Mine is hiccups too, and I have a band. Its like entering a whole new world this wls thing

Back