• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I did it!!!

tulip24

Well, I did it. Had my band fitted on 20th November and had my first fill yesterday.
I honestly wasn't expecting to have lost much, if anything, but have lost 9 pounds! It may not seem much, but it's a start.
Not finding it too bad. There have been a few hiccups along the way (pardon the pun), mostly due to me pushing it. Tried to eat bread, but think it's my new enemy!! Also, trying to remember to eat slowly is taking some practice; but after so many years of eating what I want, when and as quick as I want, thing's won't change overnight. Practice, practice, practice.
What is good though is the feeling of looking in the mirror, seeing my waist reappear & finally getting a shape that isn't round!
Long may it continue

Xx

Well, I did it. Had my band fitted on 20th November and had my first fill yesterday.
I honestly wasn't expecting to have lost much, if anything, but have lost 9 pounds! It may not seem much, but it's a start.
Not finding it too bad. There have been a few hiccups along the way (pardon the pun), mostly due to me pushing it. Tried to eat bread, but think it's my new enemy!! Also, trying to remember to eat slowly is taking some practice; but after so many years of eating what I want, when and as quick as I want, thing's won't change overnight. Practice, practice, practice.
What is good though is the feeling of looking in the mirror, seeing my waist reappear & finally getting a shape that isn't round!
Long may it continue

Xx
Well done you.
I have my band fitted 4 weeks today. Can you tell me a few things?
Did you have much pain straight after having the band fitted and if so, what did you take to ease it and how long did it last for?
Have you found things very difficult since the op?
Just not too sure what to expect.

Sue

well done on the loss :) and take it easy after your fill, how we can eat often changes each time :)

Congrats, good job on the weight loss, I only lost 4lb so sounds like your on the right track.

I had my first fill on Thursday & just back on solid food today. Just has breakfast & can tell there is more restriction already, although I hear that may wear off as the swelling goes down so will just have to see I guess!

Back