• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiccups!

toriallelujah

Hi everyone!

Im nearly 2 weeks post op now and really Ive hardly suffered! (Touch wood!!!)
However, just recently, I seem to be getting really deep hiccups... dont hurt, just seem to come at most inappropriate times.
Ive read about most symptoms/side effects on here, but not hiccups. Just wondered if anyone else had had them.
Is it something Im eating, drinking too fast etc??

I get hiccups when I have had enough to eat. Maybe if yours come as you are eating or just after a meal it's the same. I know a few others that get them when they are full do so think it is quite common.

They can be embarrassing!

Hi. Hiccups is definitely my soft cue to stop eating as I am getting full; however I do read that for some people it is their cue to slow down as they are eating too quickly. We are all different and that is some of the fun of this band journey. I love my band, and I really hope it works for you too xx

Had them for the first time yesterday....! Much smaller n subtler than pre op tho! I normally have that tightening between the boobies to know I need to stop if I've been a little piggie!!! (bran flakes gets me every time bizarrely)!! :)

I hope you feel better very soon. Jo i am on my laptop (normally always on my phone so don't seee stats) Look at your weight loss!! It is amaizing :) congrats and keep going you are kicking my butt!!!

Oh I'm good thanks mis! I'm on a nice steady road it seems so doing something right...! thanks tho.....kick ass lol..we can do it :) xx

miserable said:
I hope you feel better very soon. Jo i am on my laptop (normally always on my phone so don't seee stats) Look at your weight loss!! It is amaizing :) congrats and keep going you are kicking my butt!!!

Ps. If you're on iPhone you can go into settings on here so you can view people's stats! Just tried it on mine!

HTC desire phone...Plus i am rubbish at technology

Re: hiccups- Your band is placed at the very top part of your stomach which is just underneath your diaphragm. When your food is sitting above your band it will push against your diaphragm which causes the hiccup. Thats what causes the 'soft cue' and tells you you're full. Also, just after your op, the swelling caused by surgery will affect your diaphragm too which causes the hiccups then too. Its nothing to fret about really. But its a good way of telling if you're full or not. :)

Back