• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

high blood pressure

pickleberry

Went to Pre-op the other week and my Blood pressure was high (the nurse took it before and after my blood test and i have a needle phobia so this didn't help) I was told to see my nurse and get it checked. I forgot all about it and have been told this afternoon by the pre-op clinic that i should go to the ward on sunday as it is too late to do anything now. If my blood pressure is still high i wont have my Gastic band fitted as they wont do the op. I am so upset i have been wanting this done for so long now:cry:. I have had other ops where my blood pressure was really high but they still did it. Has anyone not had their op due to high blood pressure?

Bee:cry:

I havnt had wls yet!!! but i had an op last year (Gallbladder) and at first bp was too high so they waited a while and kept checking it. it was going down so they operated. they never said they wouldnt do it just that it would go down. i think being anxious doesnt help. good luck X

I would imagine, but I am not sure, you would be put on blood pressure pills and once it is regulated they will reassess you. That is provided your high reading was not what they call white coat hypertension, when just being in a medical environment raises your blood pressure.

Weight loss will certainly ease the blood pressure problem and as your weight falls so may your dosage of medication.

Mine was so high at pre op assessment that it did delay my op. I had to go to my gp and ask for extra meds for it and then had to give the hospital three weeks readings of lower bp.Good luck and hope you manage to get it downxx

I got high BP when I was on Reductil so doctor got me on BP medication to reduce it before the op. Have a word with your GP - it all adds brownie points to your case if you can show you are doing something about it.

Back