• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HIGH PROTEIN FOODS

BlueDiamond

Hi Guys can anyone give me a list of high protein foods plz, I been searching on the internet and the sites I have come across dont seem to give very high protein intake at all. (p.s. cant tolerate cheese or eggs) I do eat chicken and fish but cant manage much for reasonable protein intake and the shakes make me feel yucky:eek: any tips would be grateful for xxx

Hi Im trying to compile an easy list for me - those little tins of tuna/ tomato & onion have 19 g & 80 cal. John west mackerel in Tom sauce is high in protein & 220 for the can.
I bought cereal called holy crap made here in Canada high in protein, omegas, chai, hemp and holy crap it is good. Nice to have a good breakfast. They do ship to uk
Hope this helps a little bit oh and I dislike hummus but bought some spicy stuff and mixed it with tuna and it tasted really good that's a great source of protein,

Hummus, cottage cheese, cheese, eggs, meat, milk, fish, nuts, soya, tofu, erm...lol cant remember much else! Haha x

Hummous is high protein? I didnt know that...Ive just started eating it with carrot sticks and celery :D XX

Hummous is high protein? I didnt know that...Ive just started eating it with carrot sticks and celery :D XX

Yeah - get a wholemeal pitta toasted to dip in! YUMMY!

Yummy :D I had chick pea curry once on SW and OMG did I fart for England! I could have powered a hot air balloon :eek: XX

rofl! nice!

BlueDiamond said:
Hi Guys can anyone give me a list of high protein foods plz, I been searching on the internet and the sites I have come across dont seem to give very high protein intake at all. (p.s. cant tolerate cheese or eggs) I do eat chicken and fish but cant manage much for reasonable protein intake and the shakes make me feel yucky:eek: any tips would be grateful for xxx

My team gives you a huge binder filled with info for everything wls wise. Here is a few of the proteins its really long so I will just do some.

Kidney beans.....1/2 cup........ 8 grams
Chicken thigh...... 3 oz............ 21 grams
Cod........ 3oz........ 21 grams
Crab, steamed...... 3oz........ 17 grams
Flounder.... 3oz..... 21grams
Halibut...... 3oz....... 21 grams
Ham........ 3 oz....... 21 grams
Hamburger( lean)...... 3 oz...... 21 grams
Lobster, steamed...... 3 oz ....... 16 grams
Chick peas( hummus)..... 1/2 cup...... 8 grams
Salmon...... 3 oz..... 21 grams
Shrimp...... 3 oz....... 18 grams
Soybeans (edamame)...... 1/2 cup...... 14 grams
Soy flour..... 1/2 cup....... 13 grams..... ( good substitute for real flour tastes same)
Soy milk..... 1 cup...... 7 grams
Tuna...... 3 oz...... 25 grams
Tofu...... 1/2 cup..... 10 grams
Turkey..... 3 oz..... 21 grams
Veal..... 3 oz..... 21 grams
Yogurt plain..... 1 cup..... 11 grams
Greek yogurt...... 1 cup..... 18 grams
Egg..... 1 ....... 8 grams ( I know you can't tolerate but figured I'd add for other readers)

Sorry for the US measurements I don't know how to convert.

Best wishes hope this helps there are a lot more on the list if you ever need more.

TY x

Also the best advice the book gave was substitute protein things with things with none or very little. Like the soy flour has a very similar taste as regular flour and includes loads of protein. So if you want to make some low fat cakes or something it's a great substitute mostly if you use soy milk instead of regular milk. For cooking and baking using soy products aren't bad mostly if you add other flavors. I have two kids severely allergic to milk and we use soy milk or almond milk in the baking with either soy or coconut flour and it never really changes the taste. Just make it low fat like soy flour pancakes or biscuits.... With skim milk. :) best wishes.

BlueDiamond said:
ty for the list xx

No problem really. I'm happy to help.

Also the best advice the book gave was substitute protein things with things with none or very little. Like the soy flour has a very similar taste as regular flour and includes loads of protein. So if you want to make some low fat cakes or something it's a great substitute mostly if you use soy milk instead of regular milk. For cooking and baking using soy products aren't bad mostly if you add other flavors. I have two kids severely allergic to milk and we use soy milk or almond milk in the baking with either soy or coconut flour and it never really changes the taste. Just make it low fat like soy flour pancakes or biscuits.... With skim milk. :) best wishes.

Gr8 idea's, but I dont eat cakes or biscuits but the idea sounds gr8 , I use soya milk for tea/cereals etc...;)

Sorry to be on here again but I figured I would add a few that aren't like a meat.....

1/2 cup cream of pea soup..... 9 grams
1/2 cup almonds..... 7 grams
2 tablespoons peanut butter..... 9 grams!!!!
1 veggie burger.... 18 oz
1/2 cup chicken salad..... 18 grams
2 ounces sliced deli ham.... 15 grams
2 ounces sliced deli turkey..... 13 grams
1 ounce mozzarella cheese or provolone.... 8 grams
1/4 quinoa.... 7 grams ( don't know what this is haha)

I just wanted to add these because I realized I added mostly fish and meat. So here are some other choices. Like peanut butter which I love on celery hahaha.

Back