• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hiya all im new

Lizzyann

hiya...

this is gonna take me some time to get used to, but im sure i'll get the hang of it soon. As you can see im lisa, 36yrs old living in stoke on trent. I just got back from the doctors office with appointments for blood samples and ecg and chest xray (apparently they need to be done before the referral) I have no clue what to expect, the GP i saw seemed to have no idea bout the questions i asked and i left feeling more confused than when i went in!!

I asked about funding for the gastric band as i dont have the money for the proceedure and didnt know if the NHS could do it....she seemed vague and just said "i think u can get iton the NHS i will have to see" also she had to look at another patients records to see what blood samples and xrays to do before referral, i just feel like i was just put on a conveyer belt but with no explanations as what happens next....all i know is when she gets the results from the chest xray and bloods and ecg then she wil referre me...

if any1 can enlighten me on proceedures and what happens next...im so confused...

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to MiniMins!

have copied your post and moved it to WLS forums so that someone here can give you some good advice and support.

Love Mini xxx

hi and welcome i was nhs banded but im in a different area to you each pct has different criteria if you fit the criteria you may well be able to get it. depending on your bmi and if you have co morbiditys etc once you have tried other methods to loose weight you get refered to bariatric clinic i saw surgeon once funding had been approved then went on waiting list . but some pcts like to you attend a weight managment clinic as well just depends on what your area wants. but i wish you luck xx

Hello Lisa and welcome to minimins :flirt2:

hi lizzie, im a bander im unsure of the process in your area but it can take a fair while between now and surgery if everything goes to plan, it takes a year where i live, but im sure some one from your area can help to answer your questions x

welcome to minis xxx

liz x

or.......it could be really quick like with my pct. 6 weeks approx from referall. but i didnt have bloods etc done by doc i had them from the bariatric nurse when i saw. for some reason my pct i didnt have to apply for funding for the band, but i know someone who goes to same doc and referred to same hospital for bypass an they had to get funding approved and wait for letter etc. also i had to have tried xenical for 3-4 months before thye would accept me for surgery.

good luck i hope it all goes smoothly for you :) xxxxxxxxx

Welcome to minimins x

hi lisa welcome im having a bypass and dont know if things work dfrently wen getting funding. i saw my gp and was referd to the barriatric team at hospital i didnt have to do anything aboutfunding either the gp or hospital did it all i know is i got it. like costa i had all my bloods and allother test done wen i wentto he hospital but as the others said all areas work to there pown ruels . good luck with your jurney i hope everything runs smooth and quickly............kath x

Hello Lisa and a jolly wellcome to Minis is being sent to you!

Cant wait to read more about you.

:) xxxxxx

Hi Lisa, welcome to Minimins - it is a brill place for help, support and meeting really lovely people who are in the same boat. x

Hi lisa Im also from Stoke. Where in stoke are you.

I had bloods chest xray and ecg done and the results were sent with my referal. My Dr also didnt have much idea about WLS but he was great and did the referal quick I was done and dusted in 16 weeks I had a bypass

good luck

Ahh i knew someone was from Stoke just couldn't remember who lol...

Hi Lisa and welcome to Minimins, hope you get all your tests done real soon and start your journey with your wls...

Look forward to reading about your journey xx

Back