• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hm pre op question

tartanlady

Hi I was told we had to do injections had my preop last week and the nurse apart from being annoyed with me that I could not remember what date I had an operation 37 years ago said nothing about vitamins or injections when are they supposed to start am on day 3 of preop diet doing the milk one

I had to have clexane injections for ten days after surgery (to stop dvt) but not even a blood test before! How are you finding the pre op diet? X

Hi was ok till today belly rumbling for something savoury thanks tired though and struggling to drink so much fluid my ankles are ballooning up lol

My pre op was ok in the end, was only allowed yoghurt, tea, coffee and nas juice!! All I can recommend it drink loads and go to bed as early as possible!! I slept through most of my pre-op diet I think xx

Hi I was told we had to do injections had my preop last week and the nurse apart from being annoyed with me that I could not remember what date I had an operation 37 years ago said nothing about vitamins or injections when are they supposed to start am on day 3 of preop diet doing the milk one

Start taking A-Z multi vitamins now! I just use Asda's a-z with minerals.

I used Basset's chewable ones for the first couple of weeks (not A-Z but ok short term until you can swallow tablets)

I had my first injection the night before my op but the sometimes do those the day of your op
HTH

My pre op was ok in the end, was only allowed yoghurt, tea, coffee and nas juice!! All I can recommend it drink loads and go to bed as early as possible!! I slept through most of my pre-op diet I think xx

Hell yes i was in bed by 8 on monday and by 10 last night and am off to bed now too lol

Start taking A-Z multi vitamins now! I just use Asda's a-z with minerals.

I used Basset's chewable ones for the first couple of weeks (not A-Z but ok short term until you can swallow tablets)

I had my first injection the night before my op but the sometimes do those the day of your op
HTH

Thanks Wendy just forgotten a lot of that meeting a lot to take in. got the asdas ones as I remember you saying about them got the chewy ones for after op and normal tablet form for now. did try a chewy one on monday was lush orange flavour also lasted a while in the mouth so could savour a different taste lol

Thanks map think I will cope much better after i see Dr Youseff on Tuesday when I should be given my date its hard not knowing whether this will last for 2 weeks or 3 or 4 or 5 lol but when got the date will have something to look forward too

Yep, start the multi-vits when you start the pre-op diet.
I get injections too - was told they will show how to self inject, and that will be sent home with the right amount.

Back