• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland pre-op question

angelica13

Hi all - just a quick question. I need to start my pre-op on Tuesday but haven't had my proper sheet yet. I rang Sunderland the other day and a dietician read the diet to me. I made some quick notes. It's the milk and yoghurt one.
I want to make some veg soup tonight ready - can I use any stock cubes? I thought I read on here that you could, but I don't think the dietician mentioned them.
Thanks for any help, trying to get prepared!
Em x

Hi hun,

The diet sheet doesn't mention stock cubes - just veg soup, no potatoes or pulses. The only other thing it says is 'no other foods should be eaten' so I'd try to make it without, just in case.

I've made mine with carrots, turnip and leeks with loads of pepper and its lovely - even if I do say so myself lol x

Thanks - I was hoping she had overlooked it. lol

Never mind - I went shopping today so I have veg overload!!

I was thinking of making 1 as you have described, and a green veg one with garlic in. We'll see.

I made my first lot of post op food yesterday. I had some chicken breasts to use and cooked 2 in 2 pans with different veg. Then I blended them and put in ice cube trays. They tasted fine, but the texture was just wrong!! Hopefully I'll be glad of them later though.

Have also bought loads of teeny tiny pots today. Now I just need another week off - but without my kids please, and I could get everything organised ready!
;)
x

I know - what I'd give for a few hours shopping without the kids, I'd be packed by now!

I'm going for tubs and a hand blender tomorrow then I'm going to make a few things to freeze although I'm a picky eater so the idea of blended shepherds pie does nothing for me. Like you said, hopefully I won't mind so much post-op x

I did make a butternut squash soup, butternut squash red onion and peppers and a vegetable stock cube, think i did use veg stock cubes when i made any soup just for taste, seems soo long ago now, oooh just thiunk how slim you'll bith be next summer. xx

I use plenty flavourings for veg soup, salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder etc.
when are you having your op. I am also a sunderland patient
having it on tues 19th june so we may cross paths there.

I'm hoping to be coming out as you're arriving on Monday and Emma should arriving as you're leaving on Thurs - we'll have to high five as we pass one another x

You know when i had my op last year there were several girls in that had the same op at the same time as me bout 6 of us and I have never seen anyone of them on here, not that i'v noticed any way would have been nice to see how they are all getting on. xx At least you 3 may get to meet even if fleetingly. xxx

That would be great!

Re soup - this will make you smile.

My husband was off work today and offered to make a pan of soup. I came home and it smelled lovely. Looked in the pan, and it looked like there was lots and lots of little black specks.
Me - did you put pepper in this? Him - yes, just a bit. (he doesn't like pepper - do you see where this is going?)
So I take a spoonful, and choke. It's SO hot and peppery. My eyes water, and my mouth burns. :eek:
I felt really bad as he doesn't cook very often, but I just couldn't help laughing.

Luckily, I'd found a pot of veg soup at the supermarket that was fine, so I had a bowl of that.
Don't think he'll be attempting that again!
:D

Funny! My hubby once made a spag bol FULL of whole peppercorns... Yum!

At least he tried lol x

Hi all - just a quick question. I need to start my pre-op on Tuesday but haven't had my proper sheet yet. I rang Sunderland the other day and a dietician read the diet to me. I made some quick notes. It's the milk and yoghurt one.
I want to make some veg soup tonight ready - can I use any stock cubes? I thought I read on here that you could, but I don't think the dietician mentioned them.
Thanks for any help, trying to get prepared!
Em x

Hi
I'm also due to start pre op diet on 19th, I didnt get a letter just the diet sheet from SRH. The instructions on the sheet said to start 10 days before my op (which is on 29th June). If you have a fax number pm me and I'll fax it to you on Monday when I'm at work if you like(there's nothing like abusing office facilities):D

Hi
I'm also due to start pre op diet on 19th, I didnt get a letter just the diet sheet from SRH. The instructions on the sheet said to start 10 days before my op (which is on 29th June). If you have a fax number pm me and I'll fax it to you on Monday when I'm at work if you like(there's nothing like abusing office facilities):D

Thank you - really kind of you, but I had to start my pre-op on Tues 12th. My op is Fri 22nd. Am now on day 6 of pre-op and am finding it fine - as the week has gone on, I've been less and less hungry. I was starving the 1st day though!!
I have to go for my pre-op appointment on Wednesday at 3pm, which seems a bit mad when I go in (hopefully, everything crossed) on Thursday.

Good luck with your pre-op, and your op next week.

Em x

Best of luck with your pre-op Emma, hope everything goes well x

Back