• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday dilemma

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I'm going away for the half term week to a caravan park with some friends. We go several times a year and always do a big shop at the local supermarket when we arrive and split the cost. My friends really tend to splurge on a lot of nice foods and drink, plenty of which goes to waste, but as I love spending time with them, I don't comment on it.

However, this time round I'm post bypass. Ok I'm not going to make a fuss about the food shop, but I won't be drinking any alcohol and they will be buying a lot of it to have in the caravan each evening. Do you think it would come across as cheeky if I asked to not be included in that part of the bill? The problem is that they took another friend with them last time as I couldn't go, and she turned up with her own box of food and refused to contribute to the shopping, then ended up eating most of it, and they still talk about that today.
Or maybe I should add a £24 bottle of protein powder to the tesco trolley and see what they say to that lol?

lol, im guessing they know about your wls? well just say that as you dont eat like them anymore, just buy your own, im sure they will understand, i would, good luck :) xxx

Totally agree especially if they all know about your WLS. Say you cant eat the same as them and you have to be careful so safer for you to bring your own food and you cant drink so its a no brainer. Last years situation was different. I'm sure you will handle the situation beautifully xx

thanks everyone. they are very supportive of my wls, infact the friend who does all the cooking is planning to make lots of healthy soups for tea so I can partake. It's just the booze which is the issue. Guess I'd better be brave and suggest I just put in for the food bill this time.

I'm guessing it might not have occurred to them, but if you were to mention it they would be fine about it. This does not compare to what the girl last year did so just be honest with them ... have a good time xxx :):)

If they are good friends they wont worry in the slightest. Perhsps if they thought about it one of them would suggest it too.

I have a new dilemma! My suitcase won't fit all the clothes I want to take. That has never ever happened before lol. Ordered some new bits and bobs from the catalogue and am comfortably into a size 18 for the first time in twenty years and it feels so good. :)

WELL!! What a fab dilemma!! Did you get the shopping bill worry sorted out with your friends? Enjoy your break xx

I'm going away for the half term week to a caravan park with some friends. We go several times a year and always do a big shop at the local supermarket when we arrive and split the cost. My friends really tend to splurge on a lot of nice foods and drink, plenty of which goes to waste, but as I love spending time with them, I don't comment on it.

However, this time round I'm post bypass. Ok I'm not going to make a fuss about the food shop, but I won't be drinking any alcohol and they will be buying a lot of it to have in the caravan each evening. Do you think it would come across as cheeky if I asked to not be included in that part of the bill? The problem is that they took another friend with them last time as I couldn't go, and she turned up with her own box of food and refused to contribute to the shopping, then ended up eating most of it, and they still talk about that today.
Or maybe I should add a £24 bottle of protein powder to the tesco trolley and see what they say to that lol?
I agree with Caren, if your friends are aware of the surgery you need to say something now, have a great time xx

Back