• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A little disappointed with my friends.

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I know that I didn't go and have surgery because I was ill but the actual surgery was a big thing and I'm still recovering.
Apart from the young couple who have been fantastic looking after me and Baxter, I've heard nothing from my other friends and neighbours except a quick ''how are you''. I received one Get Well card.

I don't know if it's because they think I'm ashamed of having to have a bypass (i'm not) and don't feel able to talk to me or whether it's that they don't agree with what I've done? But it upsets me a little bit.

Fortunately I have lots of WLS friends who make up for it. :p

I always say it's at times like these you find out who your friends are.

Good luck with the recovery keep your chin up we are always here xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

We love ya. big hugs xx

:hug99:

I don't think it's anything personal.

I think many people are inherently 'self-centred' and find it hard to acknowledge you've done something 'big' and therefore deserve some attention. Give them a few days to get over it and I bet you find they start paying you a bit more attention xx

So sorry you aren't getting the support you hoped from your friends but glad those youknow on here are able to fill that gap until they get their acts together and offer the close practical support you need. Take care and let it out on here and we will do our best to be here in one way or another for you.

We are here for you hun xx

Yorkie i'm with you all the way. However, don't be too harsh on your friends. We (all of us as people) have a lot of balls juggling and can sometimes forget the important things... Give your friends a call, tell them your home, how your surgery went and how it would be nice if they came round for a cuppa. Explain they'll be making it as your recovering.... It could well just be that they think you need time to recover before inundating you with love? Give em a chance to shine or make you realise that they aren't such good friends after all xx

I dont think people realise what a big op and life changing experiance it is going to be for you.

I know what you mean about friends I have recently found out who mine are or not as the case maybe.Everyone just seems to want to talk about themselves and when you are always there for them it is one sided friendship.

Chin up hun you will be fine and hopefully along the way make loads of new honest friends

Jo
xx

Another angle may be that as you aren't strictly unwell (aside from recovering from surgery), that they may not feel they need to make the conventional fuss that 'ordinary illness' attracts.

phatmomma is right. Give 'em a chance to understand etc. I'm sure they will get there in the end.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

I believe people are so ignorant of this op and cannot comprehend how huge it is. Some also think it is the easy way out.
I must admit I told very few people I was having the op for this same reason - ignorance. I did not want to be made to feel like I was doing something for the wrong reasons and everyone always wants to put their 2 cents in.

Don't worry too much. Your real frinds will stick by you through thick and thin!

I received a get well card in the post this morning lol. From my dad and stepmum. I just want to share what it said because it's so lovely of them:

To Sam,
A new start, we are thinking of and loving you and really supporting all that you will go through.
Our love and hugs xxx

Bear in mind that Dad is never overly expressive too. It really perked me up.

Aww thats lovely even if your dad was demonsrtative and even more especially so in light of his problems expressing his emotions.
Hope you are still doing well in your recovery and feeling better in yourself every day.

Bless him, so sweet just shows his proud of his little girl xxx bet you smiled from ear to ear .... I know I would have xxx

Back