• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holiday Insurance

oh right not sure well I didnt but you can get medical insurance but it is expensive and doesnt normally cover something just having done I think

Eeek im worried that my liver wont be smaller on the day and they cancel my op. I read they dont give you a refund thats why I was wondering about medical insurance :(

have you followed the pre op diet?? not many cheats?? if all yes then you will be fine I am sure!!! When is your op??

thats good but this is my first holiday for 3 years I hate squeezing into plane seat oh I hope it feels better this time then who knows the world is my oyster x

oooh where are you off to?

Im on the NO CARBS diet, the smell of toast is killing me haha. I have been following it, but dont know if I am doing wrong cause I have been using sauces on my food. My op is next Sunday ..woohooo, I feel like im on an emotional rollercoast at the moment xxx

Egypt cant wait its one off my to do list and seeing if the tray comes down on the plane easier is a must even though wont eat on plane as band gets tighter up there apparantly gulp lol

Eeek im worried that my liver wont be smaller on the day and they cancel my op. I read they dont give you a refund thats why I was wondering about medical insurance :(

You'll be fine if you've been following the pre-op diet. If not start now ... with absolutely no carbohydrates - you need to deplete your liver of water/glycogen. You'll be ok I'm pretty darn sure! x

it is hard ut so worth it to 1. ensure you op and 2. get a kick start of weightloss!!! Do as cah-ching says and you will be fine I think I had 2 cheats and I mean a nibble of something and even had a mouthfull of toast and chewed and chewed and spat it out just had the taste in my mouth but dont be weak like me you will be fine!!

Oh no I didnt realise the band expands in the air, :character00255: Hhmm what happens with a longhaul flight to Australia eek ?? Wont it be the same as having implants, both are foreign objects in your body? Thanks Cah-Ching and Jayney for the advice, I am sticking to the no carbs..if only i could do this all the time and I wouldnt be in this situation.

hi. i've flown short haul and long haul since my band. no problems - just don't have a fill less than 7 days before the flight.
Also don't eat too much on the flight (lets face it though it's not as if airline companies fill us with food!).

I have been fine and I seem to have done a lot of air travel in the last 12 months.

Just think: people fly to Belgium to have their gastric bands implanted then fly home the next day!
x

hiya

i posted on the shoutbox, but i used insure&go.
they covered me for the band no problems. we had family cover for me, richard & alex..think it cost almost £50 for a single 1 week trip.

i spoke to my providers about the band & flying thing as we had a couple of holidays booked not long after my surgery. they said they advise you not to fly within 2 weeks (some say 1 week) of having a fill...as the air pressure may effect the band. I flew exactly 2 weeks after my first fill & had no problems. I had a drink on board but didnt eat, so im not sure how that would feel.
In general though, i dont think there is much risk at all from flying with the band, especially if you follow the 1/2 week rule. I figured people fly back from the prague & stuff after having their surgery, not much harm could come from us flying such a long time after.

OMG............. i didnt know their was a problem with flying
ive just had my first fill on thursday 18th, 8.25mls in a 14ml band....been in alot of pain, but im now managing soups and mushy mash ect...cant believe ive finally got restriction...i now no i have a gastric band
im due to fly to Dublin for the weekend on friday morning at 6am, its only an hour in the air, but should i seek medical advice before i go?
also, because im only away friday - sunday i havent booked insurance as its only a xmas shopping trip and to visit family....im also thinking of getting away for a late deal at xmas, 5hr flight to egypt....so the links to insurance companies was great...thx

dont panic Candy I was fine on the plane just didnt eat it was easier than getting stuck if cant get to loo in time. People have ops abroad and fly within the same week so u will be fine I am sure. I just made sure I had something to eat at least an hour before I went and just sipped water on the plane. Glad the links helped

Here is one Wendy xxx

Back