• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Travel insurance

Chickadee

Hi all
Checked with my bank and they won't cover anything band related on my fee insurance and also I can't upgrade to cover it as they class it as elective surgery? Booked to go away end of may and wondered whether I should go to another company to see if I can get covered, I'll be 7 years post op by then and don't intend on having a fill the month before I go so do you think I should be ok without specifically covering the band? We're going to Tunisia, any advice would be great xxx

i wish i could help but i haven't been abroad for 25 years :( i would try someone else but be honest because god forbid anything happens and not only wouldn't you be covered but Tunisia isn't in the EU so care may be a problem and very expensive.i think you can get cover just for the holiday time so it might not be as expensive as you think :) good luck

Thanks angie
Just called a couple of companies and am looking at over £50 for a single trip!!!! I cant believe how much it is! I've never even thought about declaring my band before! Tempted to carry on regardless but I've had a few probs recently so think I'll be asking for trouble :-((

Hi I use insure&go, although i have not had my band yet i have look at prices for when i go away in oct and it only went up by £8. have a look online, you get to choose bronze, silver or gold cover. ive used them for over 9yrs and never had a problem. good luck.

I use them too and need to sort it for this years hols...so that's good to know not much of an increase x

Hi
Rang LV £25 for single trip covering band for me and my little girl may change though as need an ultrasound due to ongoing stomach pains so GP thinks possibly gall stones, will cross that bridge! Can't believe I was so blissfully unaware to declare the band! Thank god I didn't have any probs when I've been abroad mind you only been to spain twice post band! Don't get out much lol xxx

I also have my travel insurance through my bank and they will cover as long as i am six months post op and not receiving any further treatment! Why do they have to make it so difficult and all be different?
Having said that i am not sure if they count "fills" as further treatment, must phone again sigh!

Back