• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

holiday insurance question

emma&alex

Hiya guys

anyone know where i can go for cheapo insurance?
ive tried travel supermarket etc but they dont seem to have gastric band as a medical condition.
i'll just have to have a ring round if not, and probably pay lots...but just wondering what you guys did

Emma,

Don't want to put a spanner in the works but I have a few medical conditions and if you have just had surgery eg withing six months they are very reluctant to cover you. One good company that might help - not saying they will be cheap - but worth a try,Medical Travel Insurance at World First
Good Luck x

Last edited:
I remember someone on here saying they got holiday insurance with their bank as a perk. When she rung and told them she'd had wls and was going away they charged her a supplement but i'm sure it was under £20... I think she was with Lloyds, might be worth checking with your bank you've not got anything like this attached as a perk to your banking accounts....

Good luck xx

I am with AXA through a benefit associated with the Lloydstsb platinum card. I phoned them last month and had to pay a charge of almost £50 to have the gastric band added to my insurance. It lasts for a year until you have to pay again or they consider the risk less because the operation has been done for a longer time and the charge is reduced. I thought it was worth it cos sods law says if you dont have the insurance you are bound to need it!
Hope that helps
Best wishes
JO XX

For Wendy xxx

I would have thought so, honesty is always the best policy and insurance companies are so difficult at times. It may be necessary for you to have a GP and medication letter if you have any meds to take.

Good luck precious, it will all sort out. Please keep us posted and someone else will be looking up your thread sometime too!

Take care xxx

Back