• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holidays

wizzbang

I'm really pleased because I have booked my holidays.
I don't like going overseas anymore, have done it a lot in the past and would rather stay in the UK now which has the added bonus of being able to take wizzy with me.
We have booked a little cottage for a week in Birchover in Derbyshire. We do go there a couple of times a year but last year I hated it and stayed in the cottage most of the time because I was so depressed after losing my mum. My partner took wizzy on loads of walks though and I am looking forward to walking with them again this year, instead of reading and eating.
Birchover is an unspoilt village in the Peak District which opens its gardens to visitors every year for a weekend so we will also be going for that weekend too.
Then later in the year, October time, around my birthday, we have booked two weeks in Northumberland, on the coast. I love it round there. I love being alone on a windy beach playing with wizzy and watching him swim. The scenery is gorgeous and the air is so invigorating that you cant help but feel 'renewed' after each walk. There are some fascinating book shops there too, most of which entice me to spend a fortune in money and hours of time, both of which are given gladly! I usually like to rent somewhere with direct access to the beach but I haven't been able to find anywhere this year.
Ive got five weeks to wait for the first week away and hopefully I can lose a good bit more weight before then.
Where are you all going this year?
Lynne x

That sounds lovely x

We're off to a place near Wareham in Dorset. My son is booked in to the PGL activity centre there so we'll drop him off on the Saturday, check in to our cottage, have a few days to do whatever we want before collecting him again the following Saturday

That will do you a world of good Sue, a worry free break.
Lynne x

awwwww Bless . . . have a great time kiddo xx

Thank you xx

Hey you, im going to get you, youve lost a pound more than me lol. :copon:
Mwah xx

have a good time, were off to westgate on sea -kent, for 2 weeks in september, last year i could hardly move cos of the weight, this year so far, im 6 stone lighter, so by sept. i should be fit as a flea, and running around the place, hopefully,

as long as im by the sea, i dont care about weather or nothing else. roll on september

stew

have a good time, were off to westgate on sea -kent, for 2 weeks in september, last year i could hardly move cos of the weight, this year so far, im 6 stone lighter, so by sept. i should be fit as a flea, and running around the place, hopefully,

as long as im by the sea, i dont care about weather or nothing else. roll on september

stew

That sounds nice. I used to live in Thanet and we'd often nip to Westgate to get away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the Isle x

stew

Where's that, Westgate on sea lol, not Kent. I have to confess that I have never been south of Leicestershire.
It is going to be great having lost all that weight. Do you have a dog that you take with you or children?
It can only be good can't it.
Lynne x

Bumping this for lotsabeefy.

Lynne x

You'll be about an hour from me Sue. When are you dropping your son off?
We have our now annual trip to the Spanish mountains booked and paid for since January, slightly tempered at the moment by the face that unless they find me a new new date I wll be barely 5weeks post op so that may throw up some challenges witheating out which we do everynight while there. As we will be over 2hrs from the coast in an area that they speak little or no english. Suddenly a relaxing holiday has taken on a slightly scarey look.

You'll be about an hour from me Sue. When are you dropping your son off?.

We drop him off on 20th August and collect him on the 27th. Last time I was down that way he was a wriggling lump in my abdomen. He's now just short of six foot and will become a teen in october!!

hi stew ,you will be just up the road from me !il wave along the sea front to ya, you gotta play the crazy golf,,,,its mad but fun!,and great exercise x,im in sunny herne bay but whitstable is a lovely place to visit too,hope you enjoy x

I'm having a holiday in my garden today! Its so blissfully warm. I'm pulling weeds as big as tree trunks!
Lynne x

Back