• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spooky!

wizzbang

Now this is odd.

The lady who I bought my house off was a heavy smoker and when I moved in I had extensive work done to the house (bungalow). I had the loft taken out and a hung mezanine put in half way leaving a sort of open ceiling effect. In doing that all the old insulation and plaster work was removed. Downstairs I had all the old plaster ripped off the walls and lots of the walls removed to make the whole of the downstairs open plan, apart from the bedrooms of course. So in effect the whole house is completely re-built apart from the outside walls. I had the windows taken out right throughout the house and new ones put in. Nothing is as it originally was.
The elderly lady had gone to live with her daughter in Australia but sadly about three months ago she died.
This is the spooky bit. Wherever I go in the house now I can smell cigarette smoke!!!
I dont smoke, nor does my parnter and Wizzy my dog definately doesn't lol.
I'm not scared by this, it just smells horrible lol. It was so bad last night that the smell woke me up and I had to put some olbas oil on a tissue and keep sniffing it to disguise the pong.
What do you all think?
Lynne x

she has probably come back to where she spent a large chuck of her life and was happy, hopefully she will move on soon, if not maybe contact the local spiritualist church and see if they can help :)

I agree with Nightwitch i think this lady has come back to visit the place where she spent alot of time.
If your uneasy or dislike the thought of her being around ask her to leave .. I know that probably sounds rediculous but find a quiet moment on your own maybe when the smell is lingering and just ask in your own mind or outloud ..
i know this sounds daft but i know somone this has worked for she has a young girl around 9 who stays in her house with her and started moving things .. mostly makeup and she said to her that she didnt mind her atall in the house but please can she stop moving things.

Good Luck xx

Spending many a cold evening in a damp old place and find out the water pipe bangs or theres a bat in the loft lol

Very rarely do we find its actual paranormal activity, but it does happen.

Thanks everybody.
If it is the previous owner, she will go after a while I suppose but as I said I dont normally do paranormal.
I did when I was younger but now I'm ancient I dont really spook easily.
Will be nice to read more comments though.
I'm hoping that it doesnt wake me up again tonight.
Lynne x

Spending many a cold evening in a damp old place and find out the water pipe bangs or theres a bat in the loft lol

Very rarely do we find its actual paranormal activity, but it does happen.

Have you got any pictures from spooky stake outs? or evp's etc.
Lynne x

Yeah I have, there all on the website, but I better not give it publically lol, dont want to get accused of advertising. I love it when you get a smell from no where though, very interesting.

Ive had a strong sulphur smell before, while investigation a ww2 fort.

Now this is odd.

The lady who I bought my house off was a heavy smoker and when I moved in I had extensive work done to the house (bungalow). I had the loft taken out and a hung mezanine put in half way leaving a sort of open ceiling effect. In doing that all the old insulation and plaster work was removed. Downstairs I had all the old plaster ripped off the walls and lots of the walls removed to make the whole of the downstairs open plan, apart from the bedrooms of course. So in effect the whole house is completely re-built apart from the outside walls. I had the windows taken out right throughout the house and new ones put in. Nothing is as it originally was.
The elderly lady had gone to live with her daughter in Australia but sadly about three months ago she died.
This is the spooky bit. Wherever I go in the house now I can smell cigarette smoke!!!
I dont smoke, nor does my parnter and Wizzy my dog definately doesn't lol.
I'm not scared by this, it just smells horrible lol. It was so bad last night that the smell woke me up and I had to put some olbas oil on a tissue and keep sniffing it to disguise the pong.
What do you all think?
Lynne x
I think that's quite nice, even if it does smell horrible! Keep us updated.
xxx

It is probably something completely different to a haunting. Perhaps there is something else in the house that is making that kind of smell.
The only thing that is in the house that isnt normally here is a bunch of lillies that are magnificent and fully open. Perhaps they smell funny in the air but not close up.
I will see when I throw them out if it clears.
I'm not saying that it smells like lillies, it doesnt, but it could be them.
Lynne x

Hi, I think it is the previous owner, she's probably admiring your handy work re bungalow x I never used to believe in all that stuff untill......I was pregnant with my son 4 years ago and i lived in a flat, i'd had my hubby & step Father decorating all day ready for the new arrival, new carpet,ceiling fan,blinds,new glass coffee table (didn't think about glass & baby not a good combo lol) anyway they started at 10.00am and at about 11pm they finished and step dad buzzed off home and hubby to bed, I stayed up and had a cup of tea and looking at my new sparkling pad for my baby,getting all excited! Then the strangest feeling came over me that someone was still there but there wasn't anyone!!! within a few minutes i felt something close to my ear and a exstremley slow deep demanding voice said "GET OUT NOW!" (i'v gone cold remebering this) I didn't know what or who had said this but in Autopilot i got up and walked to the kitchen,put my cup down & then all hell broke loose!!! There was an almighty crash and smash and the lights went out! i was screaming and my hubby rushed to me, he got the fuse box switched on and walked into the frontroom where i had been sitting about 2 minutes before and he shouted don't come in here..... the ceiling fan had come out of the ceiling and crashed into the glass table which exploded in to thousands of tiny pieces over the entire room, and the blades of the fan where in the seat i was sat!!! a few weeks later i had a dream and i heard the same voice and it said "i'm not your blood grandad but i will protect you and my Great grandson! x thats some spooky stuff too lol xxx

Hi, I think it is the previous owner, she's probably admiring your handy work re bungalow x I never used to believe in all that stuff untill......I was pregnant with my son 4 years ago and i lived in a flat, i'd had my hubby & step Father decorating all day ready for the new arrival, new carpet,ceiling fan,blinds,new glass coffee table (didn't think about glass & baby not a good combo lol) anyway they started at 10.00am and at about 11pm they finished and step dad buzzed off home and hubby to bed, I stayed up and had a cup of tea and looking at my new sparkling pad for my baby,getting all excited! Then the strangest feeling came over me that someone was still there but there wasn't anyone!!! within a few minutes i felt something close to my ear and a exstremley slow deep demanding voice said "GET OUT NOW!" (i'v gone cold remebering this) I didn't know what or who had said this but in Autopilot i got up and walked to the kitchen,put my cup down & then all hell broke loose!!! There was an almighty crash and smash and the lights went out! i was screaming and my hubby rushed to me, he got the fuse box switched on and walked into the frontroom where i had been sitting about 2 minutes before and he shouted don't come in here..... the ceiling fan had come out of the ceiling and crashed into the glass table which exploded in to thousands of tiny pieces over the entire room, and the blades of the fan where in the seat i was sat!!! a few weeks later i had a dream and i heard the same voice and it said "i'm not your blood grandad but i will protect you and my Great grandson! x thats some spooky stuff too lol xxx

that has given me goosebumps,just reading it.i am certainly a believer,but hubby thinks its,a load of tosh.i have told him,if i go first,i will make him believe;)
tracy

I am a believer in the paranormal too but after reading that wizzbang has Lillies I think I know the smell your on about, whenever I have Lillies in the house and they are opened up they let off a strong smell and I often think something is burning. Its my guess its the Lillies hon xx

PG your paranormal group sounds interesting, I would love to know more. I used to go out alot with a few friends before I moved to Cumbria visiting old buildings that had been known to be haunted, but now there is no one brave enough to go with me not even my hubby lol..

wish i hadnt read this thread....im seriously gonna be cacking it tonight!!

(only read the OP and didnt read comments in case i got more scared!!)

that has given me goosebumps,just reading it.i am certainly a believer,but hubby thinks its,a load of tosh.i have told him,if i go first,i will make him believe;)
tracy

hi, lol at goosebumps adn haunting hubby xx everytime i repeat or think of it i get the same uneasy feeling.....guess what else is strange.... your join date is my birthdate and TOSH was my doggy's name... rip tosh xxx that freaked me out seeing his name, not alot of people use that word anymore, and as children we didn't know it ment s**t pmsl xxx

Back