• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milan for a mini break? Anyone been?

top_kat

After our visit to Italy last year we had thought about going to Milan while we were at Lake Garda. As it is we didn't make it.

So I am thinking potentially of a midweek visit during the Easter Holidays for 3 nights perhaps to Milan. To include a tour at San Siro, or if we hit the weekend, we may even try to get tickets to a game.

Im just wondering if anyone has any Milan experiences . . .where did you stay? area? What was it like? And any recommendations on the things that you did which enjoyed (or indeed things that you didn't) lol

Any help, thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated.

Instead of having a bigger holiday this year, we're having a week in the UK, 7-10 nights away in August potentially back to Turkey for some sun and relaxation, but also a couple of weekend breaks. Milan is on the list (Maybe madrid or Barcelona as we haven't been to those either)

But any Madrid help would be appreciated
regular_smile.gif

No help I'm afraid but I'm soooooooooo jealous. I would love to go. Have you had a look at tripadviser etc? x

Yes have started having a peek and checking things out . . .

We visited Rome and Venice last year along with a week in the middle at Lake Garda (we also visited Verona) and we loved Rome and Venice . . .I didn't expect to like Italy - but we loved it. Although it was the holiday which was the final straw for me . . .I came home and booked my consultation for my band lol

No help here either but would absolutely love to go to Italy, anywhere in Italy! I've had a friend go to Milan, she loved it but she travelled all over and ended up getting engaged in Rome. Very nice indeed. Keep us updated if you go. I bet you will have such a different time this time with all your weight loss. My last holiday post op was brilliant in comparision to pre op :) x

I hadn't really thought of Italy until we went last year, my son who is now 12 and I spent 5 days in Rome, a week at Lake Garda and 3 days in Venice. We visited Verona from the lake and while I wouldn't return to the lake at all, I fell in love with the cities.

So, Milan is on the list (although I'd have to show self control with the gelato as its just to die for LOL and I would not be able to tuck into plates of pasta or the size of the meals, but at least I may get to the top of a building without almost collapsing in a heap like I did when we went on an extended tour at the Colloseum and went from the underground to the 3rd tier. (was almost as bad as climbing the statue of libery the year before LOL)

I've just ordered a DK Top 10 book for Milan, one for Madrid and one for Barcelona. Am getting to the point where I think I took 7 years to take the decision for my WLS and how much time I wasted. Now, I want to take decisions when they first come to mind . . .time is too short to waste :)

Too true sadly, so go for it!

My friend got married in Rome a couple of years ago - I just love walking around the european cities, taking in the sites etc.

Ok so not big plates of pasta but some lovely coffees in cafes watching the world go by - argh I need a holiday, can I come? lol xx

i'm having my first holiday abroad for 26 yrs in May only Majorca 10 nights but am really looking forward to it now i can put seat belt on and fit in the seats ok :) have a lovely time in Milan and i look forward to the pics xx

Majorca was my first holiday visit abroad too - my Dad took me and my sister then (I was about 12 lol) but even now I still remember it. I actually quite liked Majorca (I also remember having a rather huge crush on the barman in our hotel LOL)

Have a wonderful time :D

well I am scared of flying but keep convincing myself millions do it everyday :) a large brandy may be required ( to calm the nerves of course ) xx

ohh all this talk of holidays cant book oneuntil i know im on the mend after op, but hope you all have lots of fun and sun xx

Back