• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home from hospital!! also a Q - confused

hopefulmum

Hi everyone thats me home from hospital from my post op pneumonia!

Still on anti biotics but feeling much better, you know can breathe which is a huge bonus lol

So.... wee question. i am so so confused i have 2 different books from providers one says much week 3 and 4, the other says normal food from week 4?

I had surgery on september 26th so as far as i can see that makes me week 4?

Help required thanks!!

xx

2 weeks on fluid, 2 weeks on purée, 2 weeks on mushy, then rest of your life on normal food was my providers info.

I was with thg

I was told

2 weeks fluid
2weeks mush
Then try to eat normal ish food but take it easy
I hope this helps x

Lisa x x

My provider advises 2 weeks liquid, followed by 2 weeks mush & puree (Not as 2 separate sets of weeks) then from the start of what is week 5 post op, to go onto normal foods :)

But you will be 4 weeks post op on wednesday, so it would be from thursday that you'd move onto normal foods, going by the 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mash and then onto normal food :)

thanks guys I know I must sound daft! Its just it said from week 4 and onwards on my sheet the hospital gave me when i was discharged.

My provider The Hospital group says 1 week liquids, 1 week mushies, resume normal foods... If you are 4 weeks out I would start with some soft food like pasta and give it a try if all is well, just continue eating what you feel comfortable eating. Listen to your body as we are all different.

thats great advice thanks. I have been having really soft food and feel no discomfort or pain or anything. i had some really soft pasta last night and seemed to go down fine?

How would i know if it wasnt ok?

thats great advice thanks. I have been having really soft food and feel no discomfort or pain or anything. i had some really soft pasta last night and seemed to go down fine?

How would i know if it wasnt ok?

This post just goes to show how provider post op advice varies from place to place, most banders I know are discouraged from eating, rice & Pasta products because it swells in our pouches and can cause it to stretch. At week 4 on wards I was on mashed food stage xx

I know it was 13 years ago - but I was told that I could not eat pork, steak - meat had to be soft and the same texture as fish - which meant fish or chicken. I could never tolerate bread - it always made me regurge like a mother bird to it's young! Good Luck xx

BlueDiamond said:
This post just goes to show how provider post op advice varies from place to place, most banders I know are discouraged from eating, rice & Pasta products because it swells in our pouches and can cause it to stretch. At week 4 on wards I was on mashed food stage xx

I agree am with thg and am told 4 month for rice or pasta

Lisa x x

Bella'sBand said:
My provider The Hospital group says 1 week liquids, 1 week mushies, resume normal foods... If you are 4 weeks out I would start with some soft food like pasta and give it a try if all is well, just continue eating what you feel comfortable eating. Listen to your body as we are all different.

That really strange as am thg as well bristol snd I was told
2 week fluid
2weeks mush
Then try to eat normalish
But no rice pasta for 4 month
Just goes to show same company but different advice x

Lisa x x

hopefulmum said:
wow that is all really different! I have my first fill appointment on monday so looking forward to it!

I've got mine Tuesday hopefulmum have you had dietitian appointment yet?

Poor hopefulmum lol - your head must be spinning, trying to take-in the different answers! Ring up and ask - and take it slow, rather than fast. If you've eaten or drunk anything that is likely to be a problem, you'll know pretty fast. This site is great for practical advice. Take it easy, and enjoy the wonderful feeling as the weight comes off x

Back