• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Working from home and exercise......??

kateyloo

So, I am due to have my op next Sunday and I am already freaking out about upping my exercise (I currently don't get a lot).... I work from home 3/4 days a week and apart from cleaning the house and taking the dog out for a wee a couple of times a day (which includes walking up 6 flights of stairs because I live on the top floor) I don't get any other exercise..... anyone got any other ideas of how I can combat my exercise phobia? I am thinking of getting an exercise bike...... xx

I work from home and have started using my Wii again. The Wii fit is great as it can be as basic as you want, right up to fairly advanced stuff (well at least for me!).

I just bought the just dance 2 and have been using that for about 15 mins and it is very hard, but certainly is giving me my 10-15 a day I am trying to do.

My exercise bike has become a great clothes horse!

My exercise bike has become a great clothes horse!

This is my worry lol....

Oh yes - the Wii - I did buy my boyfriend a Kinect for xmas and that does get us out of breath - I suppose I forgot about that because it's fun and my problem is I don't see exercise as fun :( xx

I'd say get one of the various fitness dvds that's knocking around,but get the ones with 10 minute sections so you can gradually build your fitness levels up..which is a similar thing you can do on the wii fit.

Personally Davina is the best :)

I don't see exercise as fun

Totally agree with that. The Wii Fit is not actually fun to me (as I am very unfit and can only do limited exercise), but I don't mind doing it, whereas I do mind the exercise bike. At least it keeps scores so you can keep trying to better your score. It's also good for recording your accurate weight and bmi, which you can lock with a pin so no-one else can see it.

The other thing I have is a 'wibble wobble' machine (a vibrating plate) that does not require much effort and is meant to be good for toning. There is another thread on here somewhere about it.

try getting a friend over and do one of the dance games, its a tiny bit more competative, and much more fun, you never know u might make it a regular thing!

I got the Nadia Sawalha dvd the other day, its 5 different sections to include warm up and cool down, you can do as little or the whole hour. Its good fun and Nadia is not as annoying as Davina ;)

If you've never really been an exercise type of girl, you ar eright in that you certainly need to find something than is 'fun' to you, otherwise it becomes a chore & you'll never get into something regularly. Walking the dog for longer, to different places is a good start, any games that you can play on your Kinect box would be good, especailly something that is a bit more intereactive or that you could do with a friend? Why not ask your mates & see if anyone wants to start a keep fit regime with you? Even if it's walking together a few times a week, or starting a dance/exercise class together etc...doesn't have to cost much, it's more fun doing it with someone & it's a start!

Back