• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital advice please

Hi Ellie so sorry to hear you have been told you can't use the hospital you were hoping for. I haven't got a hospital yet as still waiting for funding but was advised by the consultant at weight management clinic to go for UCHL under Prof Fiennes. I was told he is really good. I think there are a couple of bypassers on here that had their surgery there. Good luck with making your decision.

Mr Patel at Kings done my opp and he is fantastic. I had my opp in Princess Grace King's use this to keep the waiting list down, very nice own room bathroom facilities etc. Mr Patel has a great team, nothing is to much trouble and they always get back to you.

I think you have to check out if they do the opp you want, how long is the waiting list, how far from home (for your visitors), expected time in hospital for your specific opp.

Did they tell you why you can't go to Chichester?

Hope you get the hospital you want.

Jeanx

Hi
I just found out yesterday that Chichester are not taking anyone at the moment and that I have been referred to the PIN Panel. So I'm in limbo at this time.

Mark.

Hey there Mark im sorry to hear that about Chichester, I saw Dr Somers originally and I was really impressed with him I really liked him found him easy to chat to etc etc , im gutted but I have been such a miserable biatch since I heard that I cant go there, BUT NO MORE im off to see Doc this morning and start the ball rolling again. good luck xxxx

Hi Ellie so sorry to hear you have been told you can't use the hospital you were hoping for. I haven't got a hospital yet as still waiting for funding but was advised by the consultant at weight management clinic to go for UCHL under Prof Fiennes. I was told he is really good. I think there are a couple of bypassers on here that had their surgery there. Good luck with making your decision.

Hey there sharon god damn it girl you and I sort one thing out and then something else goes tits up, well positive thinking and all that im off to the docs armed with me papers, letters, research notes and fax numbers for the hospitals that I want to be considered for!!!!

Mr Patel at Kings done my opp and he is fantastic. I had my opp in Princess Grace King's use this to keep the waiting list down, very nice own room bathroom facilities etc. Mr Patel has a great team, nothing is to much trouble and they always get back to you.

I think you have to check out if they do the opp you want, how long is the waiting list, how far from home (for your visitors), expected time in hospital for your specific opp.

Did they tell you why you can't go to Chichester?

Hope you get the hospital you want.

Jeanx

Hi there Jean, I saw Dr Somers (Privately) and he applied for funding at the WRONG PCT then Bless him he applied to the right PCT and I have funding, BUT can only go to the hospitals which I listed in my first post, I asked if I could go to Chichester and they said NOOOOOOOO they wont pay for me to go there!

Thanks guys for all you replies as I have mentioned of to see Doc will post back later xxxx;)

Hi Ellie

Could you tell me where is the Whittington Royal west sussex located? as I can not find it on the net.

Good luck at the Doc's

Went to GP this morning and he is going to either fax a referal to Dr Ahmed Ahmed at the imperial college or Mr Mannur at the Homerton.:)

I have asked that they call me to let me know WHEN they are going to fax the letter off. (Reason for this as my surgery takes AGES to do letters):rolleyes:

So now I wait again:sigh:

Hi babe I had mine with Dr bononomi at Chelsea and westminster its a really good hospital my surgeon is the head bariatric surgeon for bupa aswel he's opened an obesity medical school in his native Italy and he studied in one of the busiest obesity surgerys in America I did a little bit of googleing befor my surgery. They treated me great and the waiting list is only 16weeks not sure about the after care becase I'm only 2weeks post op but if I could do it again u would with him also Chelsea and westminster is the best for bariatric surgery in the south east of England I saw that somewher while I was stalking lol hun its a beautiful comfortable hospital all I didn't like was the ward I got put on afterwards the nurses were *****es but I was probably not the best of patients lol I'm abit dramatic lol everyones gonna be biast towards they're hospital hun so maybe one day you should take a trip down to London and just visit the hospitals and are how you feel when you go in maybe you'll get s feeling then you can do some research on the surgeons babe, by the way my surgeons had no deaths and he's been doin bariatric surgery for 20 plus years so I couldn't recommend anyone else x
+

Thanks Brandiebelle he sounds like a good surgeon there, mind you whoever ive spoken too they are all pretty much happy with their surgeons, lets see what my doc decides for me, if he ever gets round to faxing the hosp!!!!:rolleyes:

Good luck Ellie hope they don't take too long to fax it for you. Keep ringing them every day and annoy them they will soon do it then lol.

Yeah hope the fax don't take too long, Dr ahmed ahmed was in my surgery aswel hea like Dr bononomi's partner ahmed works under bononomi for bupas bariatric team I remember when I got my letters of who'll be in my surgery I done some research on him aswel he's supposed to be the youngest something and the other lol sorry advice was crap I did my googling in April so I don't remember much x

Back