• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital Group consultants...which one?

Red 42

novice bypasser
Hi All

I've been doing lots of reading on the WLS threads of late, and have a consultation myself tomorrow with the HG.
As I live 'up North' and am having my appointment at Newcastle clinic...I was suprised to learn today that infact any surgery would be done down in Birmingham(silly me thought it would have been Newcastle :eek:) and that I would have a choice of surgeons...Mr Super :eek: (I saw the programme last week and wasn't impressed by his attitude :(), or Mr Siggotson (? sp)
anyway my question is...has anyone had Mr Siggotson or does it depend on what date you have your op as to which consultant you get?

many thanks...Red x

Hi i had to go to dolan park from exeter devon and my surgeon was mr super i know he looked bad on the tele but he is one of the best in the country and knows his stuff .Ican only speak for myself i was treated really well by nurses and surg team while i was awake lol.I think the main thing is how well the operation is done and for me he did a good job touch wood.Icould not recomend him enough but i am sure others will come along with views.Goodluck with what ever you choose.

Hi There, I had Dr. Sigurdson and he was brilliant. He was really pleasant to talk to and I am really pleased with my band so far. The scarring is minimal as he does the top layer of "stiches" with glue.

He was really nice and put in 4 ml of fill into my band during op. He came to see me while I was throwing up (or rather trying to) in recovery and tried to talk to me. He didn't get much response but at least he tried and I had the opportunity to say thanks!

I think that you can request but it might depend on whether you have by-pass or Band.

Hope this helps.

thankyou both for replying quickly :)

Easter chick, did you use the chauffeur driven pickup service?

Quetiapina, I'm looking at the band.

when I was talking with the patient co-ordinator today, she was indicating that I could be looking at having it done as early as mid to late May (I'm going to a wedding on 15th May so has to be after that)

Red xx

Dr Sigurdson is particularly skilled at the band and according to co-ordinator Sally Price has done the 2nd most ops in the country. I can't praise him enough - I felt completely confident in his hands.Red, are you going for the basic package or the full one. I went for basic as was cheapest option I could find. This does not include follow up support but I get that bit on the NHS. I have to pay for my own fills at £125,00 a pop.

Hi Jenni

not quite decided yet...it's all happening quicker than I thought, and although I'm sure I want to have the op (have thought long and hard over the last year, in amonst which I gave the Cambridge Diet another go) I'm just slightly worried that I might not get the follow up care that I need if I go for the cheaper package.
I guess all will be revealed tomorrow when I go for my consultation...scary isn't it?

Red xx

Hi red, i had my band fitted with mr sigurdsson and yes he was brilliant, i had my surgery with wga so there was no aftercare package, so once the op was done i took one years aftercare with the wls group which includes support groups and unlimited band fills. hope things go well for you, if you want to to know anymore about mr sigurdsson just ask. julie

I was going to but in the end my husband took me and brought me back.We stayed in travel lodge close by for 2 nights.But i have seen the cars look very nice .

Back