• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS in Newcastle

AriDiana

Hiya .. has anyone had weight loss surgery in Newcastle? I will have either Mr. Seymour or Mr. Woodcock and have only seen them at the seminar. I have been on the path to see them for a year and have finally jumped thru all my hoops and have an appointment on November 23rd. The journey to get here has not been easy .. first the seminar then the program to lose weight for 12 weeks. I understand all of that, but the surgeons and their office have lost my referral twice!! and have never made me an appointment without me calling them and asking for one (even though each time i see a dietician or nurse they assure me i will receive it in the mail) and i do give them time. I am trying to not be judgemental but they have never been friendly. I am not a demanding person and have been waiting for this for a year and a half. Just wondered if anyone else had dealt with their office and if they had problems? I am worried about the follow up to the surgery as I have been put off by this. I have been made to feel like i am not worthy of their time. By the way, they told me i had to lose a stone before the surgeon would see me, which i did (plus 4 pounds!) I have walked a 10k because they said I had to prove I was excercising. I had to attend a class and not miss more than 2 sessions .. I never missed one. I have never complained to them or called them except to ask for my next appointment. As you all are aware self esteem is a large issue with most of us, and they have made me feel even worse about myself. Now I have had a good cry and come on here to tell my story and see if anyone else is in a similar position, and I feel much better. If anyone has any advice or have any info on this I would love to hear from you !

hi diana, you must be under north tyneside pct, sean woodcock is a very good surgeon, the waiting times here in south tyneside at sunderland royal hospitl is a year from the seminar, im sorry to hear the team has been unfriendly to you as there collegues here in sunderland are friendly to there patients, why were you refered to north tyne side rather than to sunderland were you given a choice ? some of the north east wls pre and post op patients are meeting on sat the 26th of sept at 7pm if you would like to join us for a chat the venue hasnt been arranged yet.

speak soon

liz x

Hiya Liz .. thanks so much for answering .. i would love to come to a meeting if you can please let me know when and I feel better knowing someone has had the surgery in this area.. I searched the forums but didnt see anyone who had their surgery in North Tyneside. I was not given a choice of where to go, however I do know the surgeons work both in Newcastle and Sunderland. I have only seen the surgeon at the seminar, but will finally get to see him in November.

Hi just come across this thread, had my bypass done by Mr Seymour at Rake Lane in October. He is a fantastic surgeon and a very supportive person

Back