• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How big is a tea plate please??

samp24

Hi all, am trying to get everything in order for surgery 30th April and want to know what tea plate actually is and its size as getting confused. is it a side plate or a saucer or what. Definition on dinner party website says its about 7-7.5 inches in diameter is that about right? sorry for being a bit dim but what are your thoughts and what do you use?:p

I'm doing the same as you at the moment, getting my dinnerware in order. I've seen a bariatric post op plate that was 8.5 inches wide, with a loading area of 6 inches. - Most side plates are around that size!

Tea plates tend to be all "loading area" with no rim, so if you are looking to help trick your mind (which I am - anything to make it easier) I'm going for a rimmed plate.

Good Luck

I've got a pretty child's plate minnie mouse :) also child's bowl and knife and fork set .... i guess it roughly the same size as side plate. I love it and don't feel cheated, just a miniature dinner plate !!! of course it makes me smile too x x x

ib have a childs plate and bowl also saves messing

Side plate here and I eat with cake forks. It's really normal to me now. I also bought some lovely soup bowls. I want my food to look presentable.

thanks guys, I bought a couple of great little plates from the "discount store" at the weekend. cute little poppy design and only 99p each. my plates are 7.5 inches, so am happy with that, i also bought some great cheap plastic freezer containers for freezing soups and left over portions etc.:)

thats great and them pots are super handy i have all mine in freezer full already

Wow Princess4d4 you are good, already full and in the freezer? whens your op? I have been busy lambing my tiny flock of sheep and have been neglected "ma pre op duties me thinks"

i have been prepping for months lol i just pureed leftovers potted and froze have all my bag packed ready i just have to get me there im in on 16th this month

Back