• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how did your OH cope with eating post-op?

snooky

I haven't got a date yet, but I have been talking to my husband about life post-op and relaying things I have read here. I can see his face drop sometimes. he is a foody and loves cooking and sharing his creations. Our 2 boys are both away at uni so it is only the 2 of us now, so he says what will be the point in cooking if it has to mushed up for me, and also will we never go out to again to eat.

Maybe a silly question, sorry, but just one of the many that have gone through my mind. So how did your partners cope?

Mine hated the liquid stage but she did OK on pureed food, though she soon got sick of cottage cheese four times a day LOL

Seriously WLS is designed to give you a healthy life, it's not a life sentence. You will be able to eat normal foods and if you and your other half think you'll only be able to eat "Mushed" up foods in future then you haven't done enough research into this

I eat pretty much what any normal person eats. Eating three bigmacs and a bucket of KFC is not what normal people eat, its those bad food choices that us fat gits make that makes us huge not normal food.

I eat out all the time, and my other half is a great cook and I eat largely what she eats, just small portions. We have to remember it's us that have had to have our guts re-plumbed not our families and we shouldn't let our misgivings affect their lives to greatly.

If he loves to cook let him cook, if he thinks its not worth it just cooking for him then that's his choice, but you'll find that it won't be an issue once you are far enough out to eat normal healthy food

mine was ok with my eating/drinking regime but now she's having a bypass too on the 16th (private) all i'm getting is this/that got carbs in :D:D:D

Hi Snooky,

I a 7 weeks post op, and my other half also loves cooking, all we do is reduce the portion sizes down. Also a good book to help that is my new bible is "return to slender". Also going out to eat, I have been out a couple of times to restaurants with the family, and even went on holiday 8 days post op (we went to a restaurant with the in-laws and I had soup from the kids menu!!!:D)

Having my bypass and not stopped me from enjoying myself but it is not all about food anymore!

Good luck on your journey:)

Emma xxx:character00238:

I guess in very lucky as my hubby is behind me 100% and as i need to lose 38lb before my op he has joined me and has lost 12lb, he does need to lose quite a bit of weight so its doing him good to. As there are just the 2 of us its easier and i will cook for him and just have a smaller portion after my op.

Hiya

I am only a short time post op and still on the liquid stage at the moment. My hubby loves to cook and wmakes things in bulk for our garage freezer such as chilli, pasta sauces, curries, home made pea and ham soups etc. The only difference now is that the portions we freeze will be smaller ones for when I am able to eat a normal healthy meal again.

As mentioned - this isn't a life sentence, but a life line. Grab it and enjoy it. :D

Thanks for all your replies. I have done the reasearch and know it is a complete change in lifestyle and eating habits. My husband is very supportive and 100% behind me. He is dieting with me now to reach my first target set by the Dr. he has got a bit to lose but not much. The problem is we both love our food i put weight on he doesn't!

I was just wondering if it was a problem I was making up in my head. It seems i was and you're all doing great! keep it up!

Back