• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how did/do you cope?

tesmaralda

I know there have been similar threads but this one is slightly different.

I had my final pre op yesterday and alls well, all my bloods, MRSA and lung function are fine. Saw the anaesthetist yesterday to be told I would be given a date within 4-6 weeks time. So was a little peeved yesterday, why couldn't this appt be done with the other pre ops and be told that 2 weeks ago(as there was a young guy there who had only had his blood work and other things done that morning) and why can't they give everyone a date there and then, as they were giving dates out to some people(yes it was for a bypass and not other procedure).

My question is How did you all cope with the not knowing, the not being in control and the not being able to plan things?

I don't want to plan anything as I hate letting people down, we have a wedding do to go to the end of May and as it is somewhere a)expensive, b) we are lucky to have received an invite because numbers are limited I don't want to say yes we'll come and then not be able to go.

Do I just sit and wait for a letter or shall I phone them and ask if they have a date yet? Arrggghhhhhh this is doing my head in why cant things be simple nd straight forward and logical?

before I start rambling off track completely I'm going to leave it there lol

Hi Tes

You could always give them a ring in a couple of days - say Friday. They may have allocated a date for the appointment by then.

Good luck with it all x

((hugs Terri))

Give em a ring babe.

Just say you are a little confused after yesterday and not sure if you have to ring to get a date, or wether they are going to ring you. Not sure who is the best person to speak to though.

I agree with Sam, when in doubt play the dumb bird! Oooh sorry to be a nuisance but I was a bit confused as to the procedure etc...worked for me ;)

I remember feeling the same, that gap between the surgeon saying yes and getting the date for surgery seemed to go on forever (it was really only about 5-6 weeks). I started ringing the hospital quite quickly and rang them on a regular basis!

In the meantime, try and distract yourself and use all your fab friends on here for support x

I would ring them chick, I ended up with only three days notice so it did not really affect me but I know your not on your own out there with trying to plan things around a surgery date....xx

Seems everyone has the same idea, call them in a few days :)

Great news Terri...

hey Angela. Its great news for us too... we can go and enjoy all Terri's last suppers with her, and then hopefully it will be time to start on your last suppers!

Great news Terri...

hey Angela. Its great news for us too... we can go and enjoy all Terri's last suppers with her, and then hopefully it will be time to start on your last suppers!

I'll eat and drink to that!

wow hun well done .. iw as just about to say call them and torment the life ouf of them till you get an appointment lol ... if ur always on the phone they can never forget you and they get u an appointment cause yr doing there head in lolol ... i have the appointment line laughing there heads off with me so i find that gets me ahead ...

but well done chick and not long now woooohoooooooooooooxxxxxx

I think the local people get there dates there and then.. I think and i may be very wrong.. Walsall give Mr Khan funding for say 60 people and he has then decides who gets surgery and when... Us outsiders well out PCT will have a different contract with the hospital so they fit us in where and when ever...

Can I just say we are so very lucky even if we wait 12 months it's not bad going as far as timescales go for others around the country. I waited two and a half years for my band at the heartlands. I do believe things have improved since then but still I have a very dear friend in NI who has been waiting over 5 years for her bypass and has twice been sent over to England for consultations and still hasn't had her surgery.

I found that once I had my pre op dates I relaxed I knew I was on my way. But I still chased them up lol as we do...

I agree Terri waiting to see Mr Usef is a ball ache especially as the appointment is so straight forward. Always let them know your available for cancellations, I saw Mr Khan in December and he had told me he had three cancellations that week and had I have done that pre op diet he'd have had me in.. But Luckily I got offered another cancellation in Jan..

May will be here before you know it, I would sit back and enjoy the easter and mothers day because next your you won't be indulging in easter egg's...

I agree with you Alexa, In this area we are extremeley lucky as in the great scheme of things we dont wait very long at all.

And Terri, Alexa is right. Make the most of the mothers day chocs and Easter eggs this year as post op you will only be able to manage a small amount of choc xx

I agree with you Alexa, In this area we are extremeley lucky as in the great scheme of things we dont wait very long at all.

And Terri, Alexa is right. Make the most of the mothers day chocs and Easter eggs this year as post op you will only be able to manage a small amount of choc xx

We can help with Easter stuff, can't we Sam?

Hey Terri, it might be time for a few more malibu's and stuff after I've been paid!

We can help with Easter stuff, can't we Sam?

Hey Terri, it might be time for a lot more malibu's and stuff after I've been paid!

Changed your typo for you Angela!

Back