• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does it work?

JoannaN89

Hi,

I am currently doing day 1 of LSD which is 5pints of milk and 2 oxo cubes. Im keeping a track of this on my fitbit and it comes to around 1800kcal a day.

How does this work by shrinking the liver & also loosing weight (i know this isnt the aim) as to me that its still quite alot of calories?.

Thanks
Jo xx

Hi,

I am currently doing day 1 of LSD which is 5pints of milk and 2 oxo cubes. Im keeping a track of this on my fitbit and it comes to around 1800kcal a day.

How does this work by shrinking the liver & also loosing weight (i know this isnt the aim) as to me that its still quite alot of calories?.

Thanks
Jo xx
What type of milk are you drinking? 5 pints sounds a lot - my diet was only 3 although I know some had 4.
My basic understanding of how it works (happy to be corrected by those with a more scientific mind) is it reduces the amount of fat your liver has to process, plus it helps remove other toxins such as sugar. Most of the weight you lose on the LRD is water so removing the toxins, which is why people lose so much compared to what they lose in the early stages after the op.

Hi there. Semi skimmed only on our trusts plan! Just that and an oxo cube drink for two weeks. Does it seem too much? Xx

It's not so much the calories but the lack of carbs, which deplete the stores of glycogen in your liver and 'shrink it.

Its hard work for a few days but does get easier and it means the surgeon can safely move your liver during the op.

I was on 4 pints however it is my understanding that the amount is based on an individuals BMI, I can remember asking the same question when I was on it and I was firmly told it's not about the calories, Mazza has described how it works beautifully, trust me you will be fine x

Back