• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How Does It Work...

Mrs Quiggle

I'd love to know how it all works. Yes I know I shouldn't get on the scales every day but when you've had a stall it gets hard not to sometimes. Anyway I weighed yesterday and was 10.11 and this morning when I got on I was 10.9. If it was different times of day etc. I could understand but I always weigh first thing in the morning, naked, after going to the loo before I get in the shower and I can't work out how it suddenly jumps by 21b over night. Strange isn't it. :D

Kate x

I don't know how it works but I agree it's very strange. I've dropped as much as 3lb over night before and It amazes me. Always a nice surprise :D x

I have that problem I can gain 6-7 lbs on a daily basis then loose them again. But thats usually when Ive forgotten to take my medication :) for water retention lol

It must be something to do with fluid levels, as I am the same. I weigh same time first thing in the morning, and i can drop 2 lbs and then if I get on scales again at lunchtime, I have maybe gained 1 or 2lbs. Very baffling and sometimes very frustrating. I have put my scales in the cupboard now, so that it makes it more difficult to keep weighing myself, and am going to try to just weigh every friday morning, to stop myself going nuts!!!!

Thats the thing though. I've not put on an ounce the whole 10 months even if I've thought I've eaten a bit more when on holiday etc. and I only ever weigh myself at the same time of day as I realise that drinking and eating through out the day can change your weight same as if you stood on the scales with your dinner in your hands. It's the way you can lose the weight over night, 2-31b of it. I mean if you weigh yourself every day for a week and and at the end of that week you'd lost 31b you'd think you'd lose it at the rate of 1b every couple of days or so but instead you don't lose anything for 6 days but suddenly 31b shows up on the 7th day. It's just weird. I expect there's a simply scientific explanation for it. I'll ask my 14 year old when he gets in, he seems to know everything right now. :)

Mrs Quiggle said:
I'd love to know how it all works. Yes I know I shouldn't get on the scales every day but when you've had a stall it gets hard not to sometimes. Anyway I weighed yesterday and was 10.11 and this morning when I got on I was 10.9. If it was different times of day etc. I could understand but I always weigh first thing in the morning, naked, after going to the loo before I get in the shower and I can't work out how it suddenly jumps by 21b over night. Strange isn't it. :D

Kate x

I still get weighed twice a day don't think I will ever stop xxx

During the day as you eat and drink your body will absorb water from your food and store it to use during the night when (shockingly) you are not drinking :)

Im not sure if this is gospel but it has something to do with your fluid in your body dispersing while being horizontal...it equals out across your body and that's why u can wake with puffy eyes, then during the days it goes south! Something like that! Like I said I may have got it wrong! Just remember it from somewhere!

Back