• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New from Bradford

wendyc

Hi there,

I am Wendy and I am at the very beginning of this road. I had a meeting with a dietician this morning in hospital. And although happy with the weight I am loosing also discussed the fear of not getting any further and also the difficulty keeping it of as I have mobility isseus.
I have been dieting on and of since I was 12 and much have spend thousands of pounds on different diets. I do loose weight but it also comes back on so easily again. I have currently lost 2 stone over the summer.
The dietician was a Bariatric dietician as well so we got to talk. She said she personally thought the gastric bypass would be a good option for me. She told me she would discharge me from the dietician and would then see me back in the bariatric department. (she did tell me that at any point during the process i could decided not to go ahead with it if I wanted)
She told me to book an gp appointment as soon as possible so I rang them straight away and got a telephone appointment for tomorrow morning.

Just a couple of questions. Can anyone share any experiences?

anyone any ideas of waiting list and how long the whole process takes?

The dietician said I was a category 4 patient and therefor there would be no isseus in getting the funding for this and she made me feel like it could be a quite a short process to get there. She also told me to try and keep losing weight on slimmingworld (which I am currently doing) to be in the best possible condition for surgery.

My aim eventually is to get more mobile (although will always have isseus)
to be fitter for my kids ( 3 and 5)
and to go horseriding with my daughter

Any comments welcome.

Hello and welcome, search the posts on gastric bypass, there is an enormous amount of info on here and some great success stories too.
I went private and had a mini gastric bypass in Belgium, I have no regrets, I am 7 weeks post op on friday and inc pre op diet (which shrinks the liver to make surgery easier on stomach for surgeon as liver is in front of stomach) I have lost 3 pound off 3 stone in 9 weeks. It's like the weight melts away.
Best of luck x

Welcome Wendy, I'm another Mini gastric bypasser 11 weeks post op, its the best thing I have ever done.

I think we can all relate to your being able to lose the weight but then putting it back and more, we have all been there.

As trendy says there are lots of stories on here to inform and inspire. Again welcome to the community.

Hello and welcome

Welcome wendyc. It seems everyone has different experiences on their road to weight loss, also depends on where you live. I was put on the tier 3 for a year and have to loose 10% of the total I wish to loose after surgery - not really heard of it before but there you go. All the best with your journey.

Back