• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does sugary & fatty foods affect u after being sleeved

Donna66

Hi All

I am due to be sleeved early in new year. However, I was wondering, after surgery, do we still need to calorie count?

Also, how does the sleeve react to fatty, sugary and drinking water same time with meals, affect you.

Hi Donna66, I am certainly no expert, but I was sleeved on 3rd jan this year, and from reading threads on here sugary and fatty foods appear to affect bypassers more. Although I now eat a " healthy" diet, plenty of protien, low calorie, low fat, and small amounts, I can eat most things, but just tiny, tiny amounts!! I have the odd lick of the kids ice cream, or a couple of chips, but don't get the ' dumping' that is often experienced by bypassers. The only thing I have found I'm not good with is baked beans- they do a lot faster job than ducolax!!! ( which is something I keep in mind as don't go to the loo as often as I should!! Sorry TMI!!!). Also if I eat too much at a meal, it make me feel very uncomfortable and sick, which I hate, so I now stop eating when I feel full!!!
I am sure people on here will be able to give you other views and experiences. Good luck with your journey!!! Keep us posted!!!
Love salliebeth xxx

Hi Salliebeth, is it just baked beans you have a problem with? The reason I ask is because of protein, a lot of beans have good protein levels. Just thinking in advance.

Hi thebear, yes as far as I have found it is just baked beans I have trouble with, and it seems that I am ok if I have them with something else, ie beans on toast, or as part of a meal, it seems when I have them on their own they give me trouble!! Never had any trouble with them before my op, I will keep having them as part of a meal, or on toast. Hope things are going well with you.
Love salliebeth xx

I agree with Salliebeth, although it's cucumber that is my natural laxative, it's the only thing that upsets my tum ;)
Initially I couldn't tolerate very sweet things but I can now (although I must stress that I don't often).
Also you are not allowed to drink with meals (I do miss this) you must wait 30mins after eating to have a drink. I made the mistake of taking a sup of water during a meal and oh boy it was painful - just not enough room in there for drink & food.

Totally yes. I think if you have good restriction this will always be the case.

Back