• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how long before you........

gemmas85

went back to work.
I started back today as i'm 1 month post op. i only work 7:30-12:30 and i am absolutely drained. im a nursery nurse looking after children from 20 months-26 months. today 1 of them kicked me in the stomach as i was carrying them. I've never felt pain like it.
Do you think i am doing too much too soon?

We are all different. I do a desk job and had exactly 7 weeks off. I was just ready at that time.

I had my op 2 weeks ago today and went back to work today, but i work in an office so can take it easyish x

Everyone is different. I'm a teacher and went back to work after 19 days. Is there any way you could have your work adapted (as suggested in those new 'fit' notes) until you are well enough to be in contact with the children again - perhaps making resources or doing paperwork?

I have an office job and had 6 weeks off, then went back part-time for the first week. Best advice I can give is listen to your body - thats the best indicator of how well you are.

Bypass is major surgery!
Going back to work should be done when you feel ready and not before.
Plan on somewhere between 6 weeks and 3 months really. (same as any major surgery) I know of a couple of people who were off for 5 months afterwards.

Because I'm only a bandster I actually only had 5 days off work, and my recovery was exremely swift.

I went back after 12 days but i own my own business, i started with three mornings a week and was back to normal 3 full day 1 half day week within the month but to be honest if i was working for somone else i would have had the first month off take it easy x

Back