• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long between fills???Is there an average?

Hi folks,
Just a quickie really...is there an 'average' time between the first few fills?
I had my 1st fill July 30th, but rang up 2 weeks later as it hadnt given me ANY restriction at all....(4.5 in a 10ml band)
Next appointment 18th Sept....but i dont have another aptmnt booked yet...how long between your 1st few fills and did they make any difference?

my first fill was 6 wks post op, my second 4 wks later third was about 3months after that i got restriction sweetspot on 4th had 5th another 4 or so months later and having 6th end of month.

Hi

I had my first 13 weeks after my op and my second on Sunday which was just over 4months post op. I think you will find that this will vary quiet a lot and as Wendy at WLS Group tells me I am 'not normal'.

This second fill seems to have improved things as I can eat less but at the mo I am still on sloppies.

I now have 4.25 mils in a 9 mil band.

Maz x

I had my first fill at 7 weeks post op. I booked my next fill for 2 weeks later as advised. I then had another fill 4 weeks after that as I had not restriction (although it would have been 3 weeks if I could have got there). I phoned yesterday and booked another fill for this afternoon which is about 4-5 weeks since my last fill.

I currently have 8.3ml in a 10ml band and very little restriction.

I have to leave a min of 2 weeks between fills others providers it is longer. Personally I can't see the point in leaving it longer. you know after 2 weeks if you have enough restriction.

So I am 20 weeks post op now and on my 4th Fill.

If you are hungry then eat otherwise your body will go into starvation. Have some fruit of veg sticks. There are plenty of low cal options to top you up.

Are you having enough carbs and protein with your meal?

A fill will definitely help hun.

1st fill 6 weeks after surgery (4.5mls), 2nd feel a week later (as 1st one didnt give me ANY restriction at all and the bariatric nurse took pity on me - i think... that or she got tired of me moaning about being so mega hungry). 3rd fill 5 weeks later; and my 4th fill 4 weeks after that.

1st fill 6 weeks then after that when your body tells you that you need a fill you will know this by your eating habbits and quantities and food types, we are individuals so go with what you feel other peoples timing between fills may suit them but may be not the same for you.

liz xxx

Hi Scrunchie

I had 2ml in when banded (25th May), then 2.5 ml on 16th July (10ml band)...I still think I've got some restriction and no 2 days are alike but I can't arrange my next fill until I have my dietician chat which hopefully will be a week today (providing they don't cancel it AGAIN...should have spoken to her last Thursday :mad:)
I should have a dietician chat monthly, but so far have only spoken to her once since May :(

I don't think there's an answer to that one as there are too many factors between individuals. I personally had the first few one or two monthly and unfortunately the nurse who did them would not put in more than half a mil each time initially despite me begging for more restriction. I wasn't aware of having any in the band at surgery either. It's so varied really, one of those suck it and see deals I think.
I haven't had one for 9 months which is due to my circumstances and not planned that way. I have a smidge more to go before I feel truly at my sweet spot , and that would pretty much fill up my 9ml band.
Some people barely need any, so hopefully it won't be too long before you attain what is your own personal ideal level of restriction.

Back