• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long did I have to wait after a referral from a GP

Augustine

How long did I have to wait after a referral from a GP
Hi can anyone tells how long it take to hear from the bariatric team? I have been referred by my GP to the bariatric team since the 28 of January and the waiting time is killing me. I would like to have gastric sleeve and I think is time for me to change. I have always been overweight and have tried many diet but can't tick with it for more than 3 months. I am now 115 kg, have high blood pressure, knee and ankle pains. I know I have to wait for the funding to see if I am qualify. If anyone has been there already pleas let me know and how it will take for the surgery. I read people saying that it can take two to have the surgery done. Thanks C

Hi Augustine

I am waiting for surgery but I have read several post here and it varies from one hospital to the other. I can only tell you my personal experience. I live in London and I was referred around late June and received my letter late July to be seen mid August. Hope that helps.

hi Augustine

I was referred in November 2014 and had my op in July 2015. Between the November and the op, I had to see the Psychiatrist once and I attended several appointments with the dietician and bariatric team. I then saw the surgeon who agreed to do my op in the May.

Hope this helps.

All the best of luck with your journey xx

Hi Augustine,
I was referred in July 2014, I started tier 3 in Maidstone in September 2014 and finished Tier 3 in July 2015, I started on Tier 4 with Luton and Dunstable in August and have just been put on the waiting list for surgery, which is around 18 weeks!
Everywhere is so different though! So try not to compare too much! Xx

Back