• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many calories??

Kath in Buxton

I'm just wondering how many calories I should be aiming to eat each day now I'm post op.
According to the calculators in My Fitness Pal, I have been managing between 450 and 800 kcals a day, and it really doesn't sound alot.
Anyone have any ideas??
I'm at the puree stage.:help2:

Its a hard stage to get the cals in so have milky coffee,milky lf chocolate,soup with powdered milk in,protein shakes.

I was told about 500 for stages 1-3 then graduate to about 800 in stage 3-4 and no more then 1200 after that. I maintain about 800-1000 and I just started stage 5. Hope this helps

Your body needs 900 to stay out of starvation mode, so that's a good number to aim for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I was told work up to a 1000 a day with 60 - 80g protein. It's not easy to begin with but it's surprising how quickly you can reach the calorie levels even if you struggle with the protein levels. In the last few days I've hit between 800 & 1000 calories but only between 30 & 70g protein.

Well today I added up that I had around 900 calories, but have been working very hard because we are moving house. So, I hope that's ok. I'll soon find out if I'm doing anything wrong if I get to the weekly weigh in and find I've not lost as much as I thought I should.

Thanks guys xx

Back