• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many calories?

kangaroo77

I'm 1 week post op ( band ) and have been struggling the last few days getting enough fluids.
How many calories should I be taking each day? And does anyone know a programme where I can track my intake and weight loss?

Myfitnesspal is goodfor tracking.

Regarding how many calories, or if you are struggling to get enough fluids you should get in touch with your provider.

I was aiming for 1,000 cals a day by having slimfast (ready made), smoothies, milk shakes, milky coffee etc.

You'll soon see what works best for you! Some need 1200 to optimise loss, I needed 800 ish! Typical lol :) myfitnesspal will at least help you track everything!

I'm 2 weeks post band with thg, the dietician told me 1500-2000 calories is what I should be aiming for.. I think she must have been on the wine though!!!!!!!

Oh Gosh....a normal persons intake is 2000...thats far too high!!

I have been told on myfitnessplan.com that my calorie intake is too low and I should aim for 1200. It says anything less slows down your metabolism... I have days when I meet it- most days I dont. But i focus more on my protein and fat intake over calories.

You can set the intake lower. But I use it more for protein levels etc than calories but I do keep an eye on them but if I need more to hit a sensible protein intake I don't worry. It's learning what proportions equate to a sensible intake without obsessing on anything & replacing one bad relationship with food with another.

Back