• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many cals ?

treezuk

My gym asked me the other day and I'm not sure I've actually been told how many cals you should be on after surgery when your back on normal foods ??? I think I read somewhere 1000 but I could be mistaken. I use my fitness pal to track and I'm at about 700ish per day , I'm 6 weeks post op this coming Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i try to have 1000 to 1200 but mostly seem to stick at around 900 so top up at night with ovaltine or something like that but they don't really worry about calories as long as you get protein coz all surgery has a certain amount of malabsorbtion i'm not sure what you had but someone with the same thing will tell you better than me xx good luck at the gym :) doesn't it feel good to be able to do these things now :)

I haven't actually started at the gym yet cos the lady won't allow me without a drs note so I need to get that sorted out first , I feel like I'm having enough food at the minute and I'm stopping with all the signs so I gues so must be doing ok. Only thing I am finding is that I'm eating mostly carbs/protein cos I'm aware some veg you can't have at the moment and some things in scared to try incase there to stogy.

i can't do stodgy at all :) protein first then if i can fit anything else in then a couple of new potatoes or something x i used to love veg but don't really bother so much now and am having a bit of bubble and squeak tonight with a piece of gammon with an egg on top :)

Mmm that sounds lovley this is what my typical day consists of at the minute and I know it's prob bad but it's all I can stomach , two low fat rice cakes with light chives Philly , pasta with tuna or chicken for lunch or egg on toast or omelette and for dinner risotto , shepherds pie , spaghetti and meat balls that's pretty much it apart from two WW buscuits with a cup of tea once a day

have you tried ryvitas with cottage cheese and a slice of apple on top it is really yummy and crunchy too :) what about a jacket potato instead of the pasta sometimes i buy those frozen ones which take 5 mins in microwave and top with tuna or baked beans and grated cheese :) just little ideas for a change of taste and texture xx

I wanna try a jacket but I find that sometime potato gets a bit stuck but I'd been ok with mash so I guess if I used something on it is be ok :) I have those crisp bread (thins) which I'd put some Philly on and I've been having lunchables , it's really more the vegetable side And I haven't tryed fruit yet

cauliflower cheese has protein and can be nice :) i have had orange segments and peach slices in sugar free jelly and used the juice as well as the cold water to make up the measure :)sorry if that's not much help x

I'm a bander, and spoke about this with my provider on saturday when I went to see them, and they advised me I should be having a maximum of 1000 cals a day. Interesting when Im burning between 4-700 per day with exercise . . .

Crunchier and drier food is on the menu later this week :) Stocked up on melba toasts, ryvitas and a whole range of crunchy veg :)

That for help thanks I think I may try some apple with no skin an see how that goes. I had the bypass btw and I hate cauliflower and jelly haha

Top kat : it's good to hear what your drs said as I say I was never told the intake I see the dietician in dec so I'm sure she will correct my thinking if I'm wrong. I am on stage 3 textured but am trying to introduce more slowly but it's harder than I thought it would be x

Hi treezuk

When you get to 50 posts (3 to go) you can add for detail to your profile. Which op you had etc, etc.

If people know what you have had done and they have had the same, they can tell you what they were advised. Its no substitute for your own providers advice though, could you give them a ring to discuss rather than wait til Dec? x

I can call them I was just curious if anyone knew about the cals I feel fine on what in having right now anyways , I didn't realise you couldn't put that in sorry about that x

SW : 148.4kg / CW : 131.5

Back